Can you identify these Advent Loudspeakers?

M

MandyP

Audiophyte
They’re about 30x30” (It’s sideways because I can’t lift it.)
E62BE399-1C40-42E2-B463-CCDBD5D9508E.jpeg
E62BE399-1C40-42E2-B463-CCDBD5D9508E.jpegE62BE399-1C40-42E2-B463-CCDBD5D9508E.jpeg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While I had the Original Advents, and many did like to pair two speakers for each channel (usually in the inverted tweeter configuration)....never saw something like this but wonder if it was some sort of custom way of doing the double speaker thing....this is a single speaker or a pair of these? Nothing on the back to help identify? How about removing the grill?

M

MandyP

Audiophyte
There’s a pair of them. Nothing on the back to identify specifically. I’ll remove the grill when i get home.

While I had the Original Advents, and many did like to pair two speakers for each channel (usually in the inverted tweeter configuration)....never saw something like this but wonder if it was some sort of custom way of doing the double speaker thing....this is a single speaker or a pair of these? Nothing on the back to help identify? How about removing the grill?
2B6E0A41-3F69-4F10-BBE7-8DEA592406B8.jpeg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There’s a pair of them. Nothing on the back to identify specifically. I’ll remove the grill when i get home.

View attachment 39247
Can't see much in this blurry pic but does somewhat just look like the rear of the old original advents....it just looks like a pair stuck together....

charmerci

charmerci

Audioholic
So there you have it - someone stuck both of the original "The Advent" speakers together. Stereophile called them excellent speakers.... in 1971.

Later versions were called Large Advent when the Mini Advent came out.

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So there you have it - someone stuck both of the original "The Advent" speakers together. Stereophile called them excellent speakers.... in 1971.

Later versions were called Large Advent when the Mini Advent came out.
Well, when the Smaller Advent came out....Mini was something else later.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
I had a pair of "New Advents" back in 79 and they sounded pretty damn good for speakers from that time. Not close to DCM time windows though. (which I did own a few tears later)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis