need help to choose a subwoofer.

M

Melkiorr

Audiophyte
hello, i am new. I figure i would ask you what subwoofer i should buy for my set up. I did try the klips speakers but didnt like the sound of them. And since i already had a polk center, i just add the floorstanding ones. Now i am nowhere near an audiophile , im just watching lots of movies.

i curently have :

receiver : yamaha Rx-A870
center : polk audio signature s35
left and right fron : polk audio S60 i really like them.

Im using my old soundstage tower as back speakers.

Now i dont know witch subwoofer to chose :

Keep going with polk or use a other brand and if so what sub should i get ? Thank you.

Polk Audio PSW10 10" 100-Watt or
Polk Audio HTS 10" 200-Watt ?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

Last edited:
M

Melkiorr

Audiophyte
What's your budget?
oh i just got gifted 450 box of gift cards at best buy, thats why i was looking at polk. i was more looking at something that match my receiver where i can spend my points. prob 700 box total. I thought i would get a subwoofer with these points.

M

Melkiorr

Audiophyte

thank you for you help

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
oh i just got gifted 450 box of gift cards at best buy, thats why i was looking at polk. i was more looking at something that match my receiver where i can spend my points. prob 700 box total. I thought i would get a subwoofer with these points.
I would get SVS then, a PB1000 is a great budget subwoofer.

If you didn't have to buy from BB, then I look at HSU, Rythmik, Power Sound Audio and JTR.

M

Melkiorr

Audiophyte
svs pb 1000. Dont have it yet gotta order it. But thank for your help

M

Melkiorr

Audiophyte
Sound was very low at first, I thought it would be louder, i did set it for lfe. I set my front speakers to small. It got better. It does sound much better than without.

When i open my game eve online, it sound awesome .

What the phase button do ? i set it to 180 degree.

Thank for your help, it sound great

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis