ASR Reviews My Future Center Channel (Sierra Horizon w RAAL Upgrade)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Not bad according to him. Has good overall performance for the price but he says he wouldn't buy.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
He killed me with this (tongue in cheek) statement:

"The fabric under it is made out of special material that helps push the electrical energy that would normally be wasted in speaker/crossover wires back into the speaker. I plan to market it as an effective tweak but we digress."

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I almost forwarded that review to ya but figured you'd see it :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I almost forwarded that review to ya but figured you'd see it :)
Of course, lol.

The horizon center is pretty much the same speaker as the towers in a more center friendly form factor. Pretty sure it uses all the same drivers anyway.

Billy106

Billy106

Audioholic Intern
Of course, lol.

The horizon center is pretty much the same speaker as the towers in a more center friendly form factor. Pretty sure it uses all the same drivers anyway.
Indeed...even the internal cabinet volume are exact....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It seems to me he had reservations about it. Although the measurements are pretty good, you can see some discontinuities in the crossover regions.

The crossover points are not stated. They look to be around 500 Hz and somewhere in the 2 to 2.5KHz region. Therein lies the problem. If you are going to make an outstanding three way center with excellent voice clarity, then the mid needs to cover the whole of the speech discrimination band. Now I grant you, drivers that can do that well are not plentiful, but they are out there.

May be time for you to DIY. I think you good do better at less than the cost of that speaker.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It seems to me he had reservations about it. Although the measurements are pretty good, you can see some discontinuities in the crossover regions.

The crossover points are not stated. They look to be around 500 Hz and somewhere in the 2 to 2.5KHz region. Therein lies the problem. If you are going to make an outstanding three way center with excellent voice clarity, then the mid needs to cover the whole of the speech discrimination band. Now I grant you, drivers that can do that well are not plentiful, but they are out there.

May be time for you to DIY. I think you good do better at less than the cost of that speaker.
Have you listened to them? Amir has reservations about 99% of the stuff he reviews...

I think I saw a post where DaveF talks about the crossover point(s) over on their forums. You might be right. I'll go see if I can find it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis