Chicago, what a mess.......

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I used to love this town, the Bergoff for good German, Gibson's on the top end of Rush St for a great steak, day baseball @ Wrigley. Unfortunately like so many urban areas of late it's turning into a war zone..........

and the think they had to leave the bridges in the up position to keep the looting low life from pouring on in, sad, truly sad

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Grew up in the area, witnessed the police beating the poop out of anti vietnam war protesters a coupla years before we moved away. Miss the italian beef sandwiches the most....and summers were too hot and humid and winter sucked. :) . Never been a tourist there, tho.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Worst Pizza and Terrible HotDogs not to mention the Sports Teams SUCK!!!. Chicago's got Nothing!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Worst Pizza and Terrible HotDogs not to mention the Sports Teams SUCK!!!. Chicago's got Nothing!!!
Yeah Cubbies perennially sucked back in my day but have good memories listening to Jack Brickhouse with my mom. There were occasionally good pizza places, but not that Chicago style deep dish stuff, that was just weird. Never was much of a hot dog fan, especially after reading The Jungle around the time we left :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
agree on the dogs, no where near as good as Western NY. As for sports teams , well lets just say NY has NOTHING to compare to the Jordan days of the Bulls and the '85 Bears were only bettered by the '72 Dolphins. But I know, what have you done for me lately !

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm making my own pizza tonight. Neapolitan style. Blackhawks were the only successful team I remember back in my days there. I left in '70, tho :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm making my own pizza tonight. Neapolitan style. Blackhawks were the only successful team I remember back in my days there. I left in '70, tho :)
I've been making our own pizza dough here on occasion as well. Comes out pretty good. Certainly better than any premade doughs or crusts I've tried. I tried to make a clazone last week and that ended up just being a hot mess from beginning to end.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've been making our own pizza dough here on occasion as well. Comes out pretty good. Certainly better than any premade doughs or crusts I've tried. I tried to make a clazone last week and that ended up just being a hot mess from beginning to end.
Been doing it for a while and think I've got my dough down pretty good. Have some San Marzano tomatoes for the sauce tonight. Firing up the Ooni....

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
agree on the dogs, no where near as good as Western NY.
well lets just say NY has NOTHING to compare to the Jordan days of the Bulls
NYC Dogs are the Best Sabretts
Sabrett_logo.png

Jordan Who???

Last edited:
Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I used to love this town, the Bergoff for good German, Gibson's on the top end of Rush St for a great steak, day baseball @ Wrigley. Unfortunately like so many urban areas of late it's turning into a war zone..........

and the think they had to leave the bridges in the up position to keep the looting low life from pouring on in, sad, truly sad
And try Seattle. No, don't try Seattle. It's dead.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Yes I was Alive
good teams, '70 and '73 Knicks, Clyde, Debusschere......

i suspect we'll agree one thing, no greater team than the Yankees ! when ever anyone challenges me on that I just respond with.............'27'

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis