My First Concert- What was Yours?

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
In this order starting with The Merry Go Round, then The Doors, and top bill was Jefferson Airplane. Summer of 1967 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California. That started me big time into music.

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
My first concert was a surprise by my wife. It was Duran Duran, Clean Bandit, and Chic at Berkley, California...It was a small arena outdoors, and the surprise was that one of my favorite bands was playing (Clean Bandit).
I had loved music and been to clubs to listen for 30 years, but had never actually made it to a concert till then. I had tickets for Knebworth in England ,but never made it, and I had Rolling Stones tickets in 1980, but never made it either.
Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Black Sabbath, Golden Earring and J. Geils Band at the Orange Bowl. A 70's thing when you could actually take coolers of beer into the stadium.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
I saw Sabbath first time at Cal Jam 1. Golden Earring at Don Kirshner and first time J Geils with Yes and Ten Years After. All great live bands.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
Great tour for the Eagles. They were at Cal Jam 1 when I first saw them. 1974. Then in 1980. I think you saw the best tour.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
First off, its freakin' amazing that you can do an online search on your favorite band from back in the day and get a complete concert schedule from 50 + years ago. Simply amazing. With that in mind.....

My first concert was Steppenwolf, with an opening act of the Grass Roots. San Bernadino, California.
August 1968. Swing Auditorium in the First Annual Inland Empire Pop Festival.

I went with a Ms Love. My first "date". Her first "date". We were both gobsmacked with the spectacle of the 1960's in full bloom.

August 21, 1968 Swing Auditorium, San Bernardino, CA (First Annual Inland Empire Pop Festival, with The Grass Roots, Sonny Love, Sonny Knight & The Soul Congregation, Chicago Transit Authority, The Fabulous Wahler & Three Dog Night)

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
So cool. I went to a few concerts at the Swing. I did see that tour with Steppenwolf. Mine had Three Dog Night and Black Pearl at the Anaheim Convention Center. I was friends with Goldy McJohn on face book when I was on there. He remembered the gig and that Wolfman Jack was the MC. I think the last concert I saw at the Swing was The Pretenders. It was the original group.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Neil Young opened by Linda Rondstadt and the Stone Poneys at Winterland in 72/73....altho had been with the 'rents to a few shows I had no say in ;)

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
Haha great topic. I was very much into metal and grunge in the early 90s. My first concert was White Zombie circa 1994 or 95. I was 13-14, forbidden to go by my poor parents but obviously went anyway. Not too far into the show I found myself on the floor of the mosh pit getting stepped on and wishing I’d have been an obedient son. Of course I was helped up and enjoyed the rest, then was grounded for a month. :eek: Worth it.

Next one was Phish at Alpine Valley, though, and I’ve not looked back since.

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
Got into it on a professional level around that time, too...worked on Grateful Dead's Europe 72 tour around that time....
Geez if I wasn’t jealous before...72 is an amazing year for them. Frustrating that I never had the chance to see them. I’ve seen Phil multiple times and he’s certainly one of my favorite bassists and his shows are great but it would have been amazing to see the band proper. I have managed to see the Stones 2019 , Who 2003ish, unfortunately just after Entwhistle died, and Paul Mc Cartney a few years ago, Dylan in 2000 (actually opening for Phil & friends). So for a kid of the 90’s pretty great.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
First time I saw the Dead was 72 at the Hollywood Bowl. New Riders opened.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis