Marantz vs Yamaha AV - best music streaming experience?

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
I just purchased a Yamaha 1080 (on the way) but now I'm wondering if I made the best choice based on the poor reviews of the music cast app. Since I will be streaming Deezer and Tidal pretty often I want a good music experience. Anyone have experience with the Yamaha and Marantz streaming solutions?

Thanks for any help.

Kal-El21

Kal-El21

Audioholic Intern
You can't go wrong with DMY ;)

I have never used Deezer but I use both Tidal and Amazon music HD. I tend to use Amazon music HD at home and Tidal in the car since it's limited to 44.1 kHz /16 bit. I believe Ultra HD tracks on Amazon top out at 192 kHz/24 bit.

E

exander

Audioholic Intern
You can't go wrong with DMY ;)

I have never used Deezer but I use both Tidal and Amazon music HD. I tend to use Amazon music HD at home and Tidal in the car since it's limited to 44.1 kHz /16 bit. I believe Ultra HD tracks on Amazon top out at 192 kHz/24 bit.
DMY?

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
The MQ albums and tracks on Tidal are 96/24. Obviously that’s on the higher tier subscription.

speaking of,and not to open a can of worms but is there an audible difference between 96/24 and anything higher than that?

Kal-El21

Kal-El21

Audioholic Intern
The MQ albums and tracks on Tidal are 96/24. Obviously that’s on the higher tier subscription.

speaking of,and not to open a can of worms but is there an audible difference between 96/24 and anything higher than that?
I believe you can only obtain that bit rate with an external DAC while using Tidal.

E

exander

Audioholic Intern

Ahhhhh. Thanks. The accessories4less rep said the Marantz is much better streaming experience (didn't say why.....).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think everyone has a different experience. It might be related to their home network/modem/router.

I have AT&T 1Gigabit Internet.

I use Yamaha MusicCast all the time to stream music from my iPad and Phone. My daughter also uses AirPlay to stream music from her iPhone to the Yamaha.

It has been working perfectly. Never a problem.

When I was using the Denon AVP-A1HDCI and AVR-5308CI, they always had inconsistency issues with streaming.

But again, I think it depends in your own home network, modem, router, internet.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis