SVS SB-2000 (not Pro) vs 2 x Martin Logan Dynamo 1000w

S

SVTCANUK

Audiophyte
I've slowly been upgrading my very old home theatre system and have come to the point where I'm ready to upgrade my old JBL PSW1000 sub. Current setup:

Denon AVR-X3500H
Fronts: Klipsch 8000F
Center: Klipsch 504C
Surrounds: JBL 500
Sub: JBL PSW1000
Room: 13x18x9 and open to kitchen behind 13x20x9
Use: 50/25/25 (TV, Movies Music)

I have room for two subs but need to keep them as compact as possible so I'm only considering sealed subs. The SVS and ML are available locally on Kijiji so the question is, am I better off getting the single SB-2000 or 2 x ML for roughly the same price?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I've slowly been upgrading my very old home theatre system and have come to the point where I'm ready to upgrade my old JBL PSW1000 sub. Current setup:

Denon AVR-X3500H
Fronts: Klipsch 8000F
Center: Klipsch 504C
Surrounds: JBL 500
Sub: JBL PSW1000
Room: 13x18x9 and open to kitchen behind 13x20x9
Use: 50/25/25 (TV, Movies Music)

I have room for two subs but need to keep them as compact as possible so I'm only considering sealed subs. The SVS and ML are available locally on Kijiji so the question is, am I better off getting the single SB-2000 or 2 x ML for roughly the same price?
The are gonna be a little undersized output wise for that room, out of those I'd probably take the duals. Is budget a constraint as well?

S

SVTCANUK

Audiophyte
The are gonna be a little undersized output wise for that room, out of those I'd probably take the duals. Is budget a constraint as well?
Yeah, budget is definitely a factor which is why I'm shopping Kijiji. I though room size might be a concern but considering I'm upgrading from a 100w sub that only plays down to 30Hz either option will be an upgrade.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, budget is definitely a factor which is why I'm shopping Kijiji. I though room size might be a concern but considering I'm upgrading from a 100w sub that only plays down to 30Hz either option will be an upgrade.
The duals still would be my choice. Also don't put any stock in the amps power when looking for subs. Just well designed is the key.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd go with the duals. Looking at the sub they seem to have built in wireless receivers, too, which could be handy if wiring runs are difficult....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis