Front height speaker choice

T

tonypap

Enthusiast
Currently have Def/Tech 6.5 LCRs as left and right and center. Thinking about adding front height speakers. Can easily add def/tech 3.5r, or 4.5r. Would like to use the 3.5s because I feel that it would get lost and visually I'm not a huge fan of 5 fairly large speakers in the wall. Is that going to pair up well with my L/R speakers? Or so I need to use the 6.5s to match better? OR, do I just forget about the heights all in all?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I really don't thinks there's much gained with front height speakers. If I go height speakers they'll either be atmos or I'd put the money into something more substantial.

T

tonypap

Enthusiast
I'm a fan of the Larger Driver. JMO

So might as well use the 6.5s to match closer to the 6.5LCR being that they both have squared edge, vs mixing square with round. The 3.5 just gets lost visually since its so small.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
A

acoustically tho, will it work with my setup?
I can't answer that with any Logic or Fact. I haven't heard any systems with Front Height Speakers. I would think that the smaller Driver would work. I just think the larger Driver would work better.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Is this for Atmos? Or just front height/presence? Ala old school PLIIZ, or Yamaha presence?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis