Denon AVR-X6700h LCD flickers

M

Mustangtexas

Audiophyte
Hello all. I recently purchased a Denon AVR-X6700h for my home theater. I have all 11 amps working in a 7.1.4 setup. Yesterday when I was listening to music on Heos, I noticed the front screen of the actual unit would start flickering when I turned up the volume (admittedly pretty loud). The flickering matched musical bursts. I am wondering if this is a result of the power supply not providing enough current. Any thoughts?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Shouldn't happen. I'd first try a soft reset (unplugging for a bit from power) of the avr and if that didn't do it, then a full factory/microprocessor reset per your manual.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Hello all. I recently purchased a Denon AVR-X6700h for my home theater. I have all 11 amps working in a 7.1.4 setup. Yesterday when I was listening to music on Heos, I noticed the front screen of the actual unit would start flickering when I turned up the volume (admittedly pretty loud). The flickering matched musical bursts. I am wondering if this is a result of the power supply not providing enough current. Any thoughts?
Is it possible the Denon is plugged into a power strip with a bunch of other electronics? Have you tried giving it it's own AC outlet?

M

Mustangtexas

Audiophyte
Is it possible the Denon is plugged into a power strip with a bunch of other electronics? Have you tried giving it it's own AC outlet?
It’s in its own outlet. Also, the house is less than 2 years old so I would guess the wiring is fine.

M

Mustangtexas

Audiophyte
Shouldn't happen. I'd first try a soft reset (unplugging for a bit from power) of the avr and if that didn't do it, then a full factory/microprocessor reset per your manual.
I’ll give that a shot. Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis