N

Nconsw

Audiophyte
I currently have a bose 700 soundbar with matching sub. I am wanting to improve my audio experience for movies

should I add the wireless rears to the Bose or should I upgrade to the Sonos arc with sub but no rears?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Does it have to be Wireless? Are conventional Bookshelf or Floorstanders out?

N

Nconsw

Audiophyte
No, but Bose sell wireless rear speakers to go with the Bose 700 sound bar

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
If those are the only choices, I’d add surrounds.
If there’s a third option to replace the SB with even an entry level sub/sat system and quality subwoofer/s is do that.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
No, but Bose sell wireless rear speakers to go with the Bose 700 sound bar
So "no" they don't have to be wireless. OK

But you didn't answer the other question if they can be Bookshelf or Floorstand speakers?

Budget?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'd upgrade, tho I think you're not gonna like why... lol.
I don't see a need to upgrade here. Bose soundbar is pretty much the pinnacle of sound reproduction. There is nowhere to go but down from there.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I currently have a bose 700 soundbar with matching sub. I am wanting to improve my audio experience for movies

should I add the wireless rears to the Bose or should I upgrade to the Sonos arc with sub but no rears?
You should upgrade to some real speakers and subs. That's what Pogre was hinting at you not liking. Even a modest bookshelf and subwoofer setup will vastly improve your audio experience over either of the options you propose. Without a budget though we can't really give you much more guidance.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis