N

noclue

Audioholic
Just wounder if anyone tried using subs for left cent and right speakers yet to see how they did. to me they are better speaker i a lot of ways

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Just wounder if anyone tried using subs for left cent and right speakers yet to see how they did. to me they are better speaker i a lot of ways
How would you do that? They are designed for bass only. Basically the last two octaves from 80 Hz to 20 Hz principally. How would expect a 15" driver to reproduce high frequencies? This is a totally impossible suggestion.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Um, lol..?

Have you tried it @noclue? If so what subs? You know this is a pretty silly question, right?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Agreed with OP. Everything above bass frequencies is just obnoxious and distracting, and mostly unimportant anyway. The best sound systems use subs alone. I can't believe anyone here thinks otherwise.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed with OP. Everything above bass frequencies is just obnoxious and distracting, and mostly unimportant anyway. The best sound systems use subs alone. I can't believe anyone here thinks otherwise.
I think Shady is on to something here... I am going to forgo all other design projects and now just work on an Infrasonic-Only speaker setup.
Who the hell really needs anything above 20Hz anyway?

My design goal will be looking at 18-21" drivers in enclosures that will support single-digit tuning. They will all roll off 6th-order at 20Hz: anything remotely audible to most adults will be out of the way and no longer bother us!

The real kicker would be designing ceiling mount Atmos modules. This will take some effort. But with some luck and perseverance, I will debut the first 11-channel Infrasonic Speaker System ever!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Guys, this is just silly. You gotta have some way to get that sweet sssssssizzle from those awesome highs too.

That's why I think with a small modification, like 3 subs across the front and a dozen super tweeters in the ceiling would be epic! You'd have sweet sweet highs like SSSSSS and the lowest lows with bass like buh-buh-buh-buh-buh!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I think Shady is on to something here... I am going to forgo all other design projects and now just work on an Infrasonic-Only speaker setup.
Who the hell really needs anything above 20Hz anyway?

My design goal will be looking at 18-21" drivers in enclosures that will support single-digit tuning. They will all roll off 6th-order at 20Hz: anything remotely audible to most adults will be out of the way and no longer bother us!

The real kicker would be designing ceiling mount Atmos modules. This will take some effort. But with some luck and perseverance, I will debut the first 11-channel Infrasonic Speaker System ever!
Guys, this is just silly. You gotta have some way to get that sweet sssssssizzle from those epic highs too.

That's why I think with a small modification, like 3 subs across the front and a dozen super tweeters in the ceiling would be epic. You'd have sweet sweet highs like SSSSSS and the lowest lows with bass like buh-buh-buh-buh-buh!
Agreed. Just focus on infrasonics and ultrasonics. Everything else is superfluous. Audible frequencies have always been a hi-fi gimmick, and it's about time somebody said so!

Smitheaters

Smitheaters

Audiophyte
Can music on my Amazon fire be made to be heard through this speaker? speaker unplugged still.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Can music on my Amazon fire be made to be heard through this speaker? speaker unplugged still.
So long as the speaker remains unplugged, it should sound fine. However, plugging it in will seriously degrade the speaker's performance. I would advise you to leave it unplugged for the best sound.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed. Just focus on infrasonics and ultrasonics. Everything else is superfluous. Audible frequencies have always been a hi-fi gimmick, and it's about time somebody said so!
PointSource Infra-Hyper-Sonics! We need someone to design for us a special coaxial SubWoofer/SuperTweeter!!!

This will be the Raddest Rad! Wicked-Awesome! Hella-Cool!

FactsMatterPH Is Shooting Itself At The Head With Its So-Called ...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So long as the speaker remains unplugged, it should sound fine. However, plugging it in will seriously degrade the speaker's performance. I would advise you to leave it unplugged for the best sound.
From what I understand when you leave your speakers unplugged distortion drops to zero.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Actually you can do this with no system mods. Just put on some ear muffs, like the protective ones for job sites.
Then punch yourself in the dikk.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Some guys don't have Dikk's to Punch. They have to ask/have their Wives permission on Home Theater Gear/Layout.
Hahaha!! This is true. And sad...
Honey, can I put this speaker here? I know it’s ugly but...
Honey will you release my dikk so I can punch it.....

N

noclue

Audioholic
Not sure
Um, lol..?

Have you tried it @noclue? If so what subs? You know this is a pretty silly question, right?
NO i do not have the equipment to do it I Just wondered if it could be done and be a viable thing, Have to think out of the box sometimes

N

noclue

Audioholic
But with what is going on in the world Home theater may be a thing

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not sure

NO i do not have the equipment to do it I Just wondered if it could be done and be a viable thing, Have to think out of the box sometimes
Have you ever heard a subwoofer? If you have you'd know how silly this idea is...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis