G

gordouno

Audiophyte
can anyone help with this problem. we need an two way speaker system/intercom system that only needs to travel 6ft. . i have a food cart that customers come up to counter to order. because there is a loud fan inside my employees cannot hear well so they have to bend through the window to hear. this is not good in the covid atmosphere. we have been buying inexpensive systems that do not work. any ideas or product info. ?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What specific gear have you tried so far? How about lowering fan noise? Do you really want people using an intercom in times of Covid (touch pad/micrphone might not be best). This is more a home audio forum but who knows....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
can anyone help with this problem. we need an two way speaker system/intercom system that only needs to travel 6ft. . i have a food cart that customers come up to counter to order. because there is a loud fan inside my employees cannot hear well so they have to bend through the window to hear. this is not good in the covid atmosphere. we have been buying inexpensive systems that do not work. any ideas or product info. ?
You will not solve that with a mic/speaker system. The mic will pick up the fan and you will not get enough gain before feedback. Your only solution is to use a radio mic headset combo, with your employees having the headphone over one ear.

G

gordouno

Audiophyte
You will not solve that with a mic/speaker system. The mic will pick up the fan and you will not get enough gain before feedback. Your only solution is to use a radio mic headset combo, with your employees having the headphone over one ear.
Thanks,that gives me some ideas

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis