as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It ias probably too much to ask, but I would be good with waiting until Covid-19 has become a non-issue before experimenting with our first responders!
Bingo I've had the same thought KEW.

And I'm not hating there may be some good ideas somewhere in this

But too just slash a police force in half when we're going into a depression?

A time when crime will usually rise?

The problem the flaw I feel in this line of action is the idea that the community will respond to the opportunities presented in an altruistic manner

And I mean the whole community not just a specific segment to be clear.

But when you've had decades of dysfunction that's created a very dangerous criminal underelement My fear is that this will only embolden them and that good people in the community will suffer

I just wish if people want to try this reduce the budget slowly study where you need budget and where you don't

Then make calculated steps from there

This feels like what happened with reopening the economy it feels political rushed and not logical no thought of the consequences or what to replace it with

Even if you reallocate the budget it takes time to set up programs etc. There's no way they can setup or have a plan in place to counteract the effect this will have

But I hope they prove me wrong I really do I don't even want to think what's going to happen to people if this goes bad

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
But when you've had decades of dysfunction that's created a very dangerous criminal underelement My fear is that this will only embolden them and that good people in the community will suffer
Whenever these thoughts start to cause anxiety, just repeat "We're not as bad as Gotham" 10 times!
Works for me!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
What uses have you found for them? And just your word is not enough here.

Post a picture of one not simply being a waste of meat, hair and bone.
I don't have any pictures, but I hear they make pretty good hosts/carriers for covid 19!

To be clear, I am joking around here. My daughter is a Millenial and she is one of the best (most thoughtful and caring) people I know ... and she has a lot of impressive friends as well!

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It is probably too much to ask, but I would be good with waiting until Covid-19 has become a non-issue before experimenting with our first responders!
I think the fact that BLM and other radical movements rose up at a time when people were already freaking out is by design. Someone wants complete chaos and they're getting it, due to huge numbers of people who think they "know how it should be", but in all likelihood, still live at home and have never supported themselves.

highfigh

highfigh

What uses have you found for them? And just your word is not enough here.

Post a picture of one not simply being a waste of meat, hair and bone.
Grind them up and they make a good fertilizer. :)

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Now THIS if it gets passed should be real interesting

Definetly be interesting to hear some thoughts from members

My take?

if it gets passed we get to watch 2 experiments this year

1) watching cities open up without common sense on COVID and see how that works out

And 2) seeing if the community can go without police and reduce crime in an area when so many are hurting mentally and financially from this pandemic

FWIW I'm praying this doesn't get passed. I think it'll be a disaster. And many innocent people will be put at risk
The cities that defund their police will get what they want, good and hard and the cities that are allowing this crap to continue will suffer for it. Politicians need to stop pandering and take control when the people can't control themselves. I'm not saying we need any kind of totalitarian rule, but some people are unable to act in a civilized way. It will take decades to return to what they had- look at who's leaving NYC, Seattle and other major cities- people AND large companies. People can't stop being idiots long enough to see that they're wrong and criminals WILL do their best to expand their range- it's already happening. People are leaving cities in droves and when they can, they move farther outside of the city centers, which is a natural progression under normal conditions but it will be more difficult to accommodate this decentralization when it needs to happen quickly.

Decentralization is called by other names, too- some, who want to force their opinion on others, call it 'white flight' because they feel it necessary to dump on people for wanting to leave the city for a bit of peace and quiet, to get away from high crime and go to a place where they can live without being attacked in their own homes and yards. They want to hang onto the things they worked so hard to acquire, rather than have some turd take it from them. Unfortunately, criminals drive and if they're bold enough, they even go farther outside of the city to cause problems and then, they complain that they were treated badly by the police. Those who moved out of the city but not far from the border are being subjected to all kinds of crap, including high insurance rates, sliding property values, high crime, bullets hitting their property (happened to the alderperson who lives three streets to the West of me), drivers who don't give a rat's butt about laws and safety when they blow through traffic lights that turned red fifteen seconds before (saw that yesterday) and crashing during police chases in what used to be nice, quiet communities.

No, the community can't and won't reduce crime without police. They don't follow laws and rules WITH police- why would anyone think it would be better without them? Are they being violent and unlawful BECAUSE the police exist? Hardly.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for all the good feedback guys really appreciate it I got some good things out of it

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Grind them up and they make a good fertilizer. :)
You post reminds me of an old joke about a evangelical religious revival in a small town. The preacher asks sinners in the congregation to come forth and recite (and be expunged of) their sins.
A single mother comes forth and said she stole corn from Mr. Johnson's farm, and the preacher says "May the Lord forgive you, my dear. Hallelujah!" to the shouts of "Amen" and "Praise the Lord" from the congregation!
This pattern continues with several members, the congregation is working it's way to a fevered pitch when Bill comes up and exclaims "I have cheated on my wife and butt-fucked the dog!"; to which everything gets dead quiet and the preacher responds "Damn son, I wouldn't have told that!"

Edit: so "truck" gets censored, but "butt-fucked" is fine!
How about "fucked" - there's the answer!

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I think the fact that BLM and other radical movements rose up at a time when people were already freaking out is by design. Someone wants complete chaos and they're getting it, due to huge numbers of people who think they "know how it should be", but in all likelihood, still live at home and have never supported themselves.
BLM a radical movement? So you think that not wanting to be murdered by police with impunity is a radical cause?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
BLM a radical movement? So you think that not wanting to be murdered by police with impunity is a radical cause?
Sorry Shady I have to disagree with you on this one

I've done a lot of research and listening to both sides and yes BLM the actual movement is not about black lives it's political

It was very sobering to reading there mission statements. One of which it to break up the nuclear patriarch family structure in the United States. Something that a lot of black men especially are having a hard time getting behind since the break down of the family unit is a HUGE factor in any race or cultures future generations being guaranteed to struggle

I don't want to get into a debate here but I have interview after interview to back it up

Statistic after statistic

And black people getting killed by cops with impunity is not quiet accurate

Stastically they ARE WAY WAY WAY more likely to be mistreated for minor offenses but Statistically they're not more likely to be shot more then any other race. This actually shocked some of the researchers they actually rexamined the data to be sure they were right

And I can't get behind any movement that blames all of its problems on outside factors but refuses to clean up or admit issues on there side of the street.

Now I don't agree with everything he posts but on this issue I agree and it's why I can't get behind the official BLM movement

I will get behind Justice for George Floyd and OTHERS and reform in the police system all day

And I will get behind trying to change programs that help these communities out suffering from the violence the go through which is only going to be made worse by COVID

But what I won't I won't get behind is a movement that openly says I'm to be blamed for things that happened 150 years ago that I can't control and the entire system is systemically racist to whites and I won't get behind there radical platform which is based more on knee jerk let's just make changes to the system without talk and realistically figuring out how to implement those changes and they're consequences if done too fast

We already suffered enough from just rushing into changes on COVID and we saw how that worked out

I just don't want to see a portion of our community our black citizens lose out on a real oppurtunity to make change here by an organization unrealistically pushing too hard too fast behind a quiet frankly radical movement

One other thing that little girl he linked in that video not one donation or mention of her death by BLM or if there was it's very hard to find. George Floyd who I REPEAT I do support his cause got 15 million.

That little girl and her family weren't getting sh@$t until that dude Tatum stepped up and platformed for her I don't agree with everything he posts but I respect him for that.

I can't respect that movement for not even saying Jack sh@$ getting behind that little girl and all the other children appealing to the protesters to stop hurting they're own people it's hypocritical to me. I could be wrong but it feels wrong. Not to mention where is all the money they are receiving going? It surr as sh@$ ain't going to the black community which means it's either going to Biden or BLM is using it for its own purposes which one founder already stated if they don't get what they want one way they will burn the system down and he stated take that statement as you want. Noooooooot too sure I'm comfortable with that.

And finally the more they radicalized they're positions they give Trump a weapon he desperately needs to use to his advantage right now.

But honestly if these are the positions the democrats are going to get behind f@$! man what the f@$! is a person supposed to do.
I can't get behind that movement I just can't I think BLM is full of sh@$ to be honest and if I gotta take some poop for that I'm okay with that

Also I'm open for you guys to spin some knowledge back on me here if I'm wrong on my research facts or you just have a good perspective that you feel I need to hear please with all respect hit me up I'm still trying to learn more research more

I'm still willing to admit my feelings might be wrong and Id like to hear other people's viewpoints on this so I can learn some more

It's an important vote this November and a lot of movements and opportunities for change here and I'd like to feel I listened to everyone with an open mind so I don't regret my choices both with my vote and in what I get behind

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I think the fact that BLM and other radical movements rose up at a time when people were already freaking out is by design.
So you think the guys in Brunswick Ga (who killed Ahmaud Arbery), Amy Cooper (with the dog in NY Central Park), and the cops in Minneapolis, Minnesota (George Floyd) all decided "Now is the time!"?
Seriously, the George Floyd incident is extreme:
1) The calmness of it - Floyd was never fighting, the officers had total control.
2) The duration of it - even if adrenaline was at play 8 minutes is more than enough time for the officers to settle down and reassess the situation.
Is it really unreasonable to expect a reaction from George Floyd's murder - you think it was random coincidence that the protests lined up with Floyd's murder??
I certainly found myself wondering "how can this be prevented from happening again?" and wanting to do something.
Not the same scale as 911, but I do think watching Floyd's murder was just as transformative for our country as watching the video of the airliners crashing into the World Trade Center!

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

So you think the guys in Brunswick Ga (who killed Ahmaud Arbery), Amy Cooper (with the dog in NY Central Park), and the cops in Minneapolis, Minnesota (George Floyd) all decided "Now is the time!"?
Seriously, the George Floyd incident is extreme:
1) The calmness of it - Floyd was never fighting, the officers had total control.
2) The duration of it - even if adrenaline was at play 8 minutes is more than enough time for the officers to settle down and reassess the situation.
Is it really unreasonable to expect a reaction from George Floyd's murder - you think it was random coincidence that the protests lined up with Floyd's murder??
The other three cops in MPLS should have gotten Chaudry to stop. Period. He was the rookie's training officer- who chose him for that? I read that the rookie asked "Should we be doing this?" and left it at that. What a gutless turd.

The guys in GA are Crackers- that's what they do. The biatch in Central Park is an idiot.

The BLM started as a protest over cops killing Blacks- the reality is that most Blacks killed by cops aren't killed by White officers. The "protests" morphed into rioting, looting, arson and mayhem almost immediately- a car was burned at a Ford dealership two blocks from my house at 2:30AM- protesters? I think not. A squad car was broken into during one of the first nights and a rifle was taken and at the same intersection, another department's squad car was damaged so badly that it was disabled. Protesters? I think not. People drove on lawns, crashed through fences, a dog was shot & killed, cars crashed while driving the wrong way at high speed on the same night. Protesters? I think not.

Two of the BLM founders have said they're trained Marxists. They want to defund the police, they want to eliminate the Police (MPLS has unanimously voted to dismantle the Police Department), they want to take over parts of cities so people can live there without cost, they continue to damage/deface/destroy public spaces/monuments/buildings/streets and commit violent crimes. Protesters? I think not.

The most liberal cities are pandering to the organizers of the protests and this will not end well.

highfigh

highfigh

You post reminds me of an old joke about a evangelical religious revival in a small town. The preacher asks sinners in the congregation to come forth and recite (and be expunged of) their sins.
A single mother comes forth and said she stole corn from Mr. Johnson's farm, and the preacher says "May the Lord forgive you, my dear. Hallelujah!" to the shouts of "Amen" and "Praise the Lord" from the congregation!
This pattern continues with several members, the congregation is working it's way to a fevered pitch when Bill comes up and exclaims "I have cheated on my wife and butt-fucked the dog!"; to which everything gets dead quiet and the preacher responds "Damn son, I wouldn't have told that!"

Edit: so "truck" gets censored, but "butt-fucked" is fine!
How about "fucked" - there's the answer!
I guess he needed to say it before the dog talked to the newspaper and TV news crews.

highfigh

highfigh

Look into the stats. Don't blame me for the source- if you don't like what it shows, look for it. It's terrible that the Police kill anyone but if you have ever talked to cops or watched videos, it's not a case of meek & mild people gently going into the squad cars and heading to jail- it's far from that.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The other three cops in MPLS should have gotten Chaudry to stop. Period. He was the rookie's training officer- who chose him for that? I read that the rookie asked "Should we be doing this?" and left it at that. What a gutless turd.

The guys in GA are Crackers- that's what they do. The biatch in Central Park is an idiot.

The BLM started as a protest over cops killing Blacks- the reality is that most Blacks killed by cops aren't killed by White officers. The "protests" morphed into rioting, looting, arson and mayhem almost immediately- a car was burned at a Ford dealership two blocks from my house at 2:30AM- protesters? I think not. A squad car was broken into during one of the first nights and a rifle was taken and at the same intersection, another department's squad car was damaged so badly that it was disabled. Protesters? I think not. People drove on lawns, crashed through fences, a dog was shot & killed, cars crashed while driving the wrong way at high speed on the same night. Protesters? I think not.

Two of the BLM founders have said they're trained Marxists. They want to defund the police, they want to eliminate the Police (MPLS has unanimously voted to dismantle the Police Department), they want to take over parts of cities so people can live there without cost, they continue to damage/deface/destroy public spaces/monuments/buildings/streets and commit violent crimes. Protesters? I think not.

The most liberal cities are pandering to the organizers of the protests and this will not end well.
I wasn't debating the nature of the BLM movement.
I was addressing your thought that the timing of these protests was deliberately planned to cause chaos.
My conjecture is it was not some nefarious group that timed this, but the series of events that led people all over the world to respond and protest!

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Look into the stats. Don't blame me for the source- if you don't like what it shows, look for it. It's terrible that the Police kill anyone but if you have ever talked to cops or watched videos, it's not a case of meek & mild people gently going into the squad cars and heading to jail- it's far from that.

So you found three videos of officers being attacked from 2010, 2017, and 2011. It is a bad thing, but that is known as part of the nature of their job. Note that two of these three were attacks by white men!
In March 2020, we have the murder of Breonna Taylor and May of 2020, George Floyd.
Breonna Taylor was completely innocent of anything.
George Floyd was guilty of passing a counterfeit bill (which is something any of us might unknowingly do - I haven't seen any informed info on whether he knew about it), however he did not resist arrest and the police had the assurance of 4 officers on the scene (unlike your videos)

Actually I am not sure what your point was in the context of how radical the BLM movement was.
I just think it is strange that people are looking for a conspiracy behind the protests when we have a very obvious series of incidents to incite those protests!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis