Why Tweaks Change the Sound ...Mystery Solved

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
So, he is in business. :eek:
And sure looks like his expensive products are ready to be sold. And now he want to or just bsing to test it after the fact? Really?

Where is he?

highfigh

highfigh

Well they were performed under conditions of cash or credit. :) which has some validity. ...But to your point, I am looking for willing participants to test my RF-STOP Cable Sleeve. This is a full length RF isolation sleeve that pulls over any 2-meter power cord - particularly the amplifier. Jaw dropping change in sound ...to the good. Why? Because it stops the power cord from acting like an antenna and thus less RF noise impinges on the DAC. This will satisfy all those who understand that the last few feet of a power cord cannot change the power delivery to an amplifier ...but what you have is a tethered metal conductor with a galvanic link back to a source of RF noise.

In this business, the testimony of trusted individuals is very strong ...so if I can get 10 Audioholics (of good standing and influence) to provide honest feedback, this may have more benefit than several DBTs. If interested in helping me test (no cost or commitment of course) please PM me!
How does the RF get past the power supply?

highfigh

highfigh

So, you know that none of this stuff is used or even considered for use in high energy physics where there are tiny tiny signals being searched for around lots of equipment generating huge magnetic and RF fields. What do they use? Cable with standard insulation and known RF rejecting properties. Not something that costs $100/ft, unless it's either: A) really really thickly copper cored (we've got some 6" thick coax cables to feed some of our RF amplifiers). or B) came from nuclear test sites and is extensively radiation hardened.

Had you actually read anything on this site, you'd have realized you're barking up the wrong tree here with your general assumptions and hearsay based "evidence".
Do you think someone could start a trend by building nuclear hardened AV circuitry? I can imagine the conversations-

Q- Why did you do this?
A- I heard a small buzz.

Maybe Elon Musk would be interested.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Do you think someone could start a trend by building nuclear hardened AV circuitry? I can imagine the conversations-

Q- Why did you do this?
A- I heard a small buzz.

Maybe Elon Musk would be interested.
A coworker and I thought about it doing it after I told him that cable cookers are a thing. But, ya know, morals got in the way...

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... told him that cable cookers are a thing. ...
Are there time and temperature limits with those cookers?
Are you allowed to use spices? Any sauce to simmer in?
Any idea which ones are the best ingredients? Does brand of spices matter?

;) :D:D:D

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai

I am going to wager that Chocolate is involved somewhere

highfigh

highfigh

Can I do this with an Air Fryer? I'm trying to cut down on bullcrap. :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
It has become clear that the OP has simply started this thread to stir up traffic for his snake oil website.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Our OP seems to have deserted this thread because perhaps his secret is out: his idea of killing RF interference has already been discussed, reviewed and made a wonderful product by the Machina Dynamica folks in their "Brilliant Pebbles" products. These products are baggies full of stones you put on your cables to kill off that pesky RF meddling we are hearing so much about. @Pogre brought this to our attention before. Thanks be to his name.
These are a mere $99 a bag so they are a bargain in the snake oil space.

Research? Of course they have research. What good snake oil product doesn't have a research paper.
MACHINA DYNAMICA "RESEARCH PAPER"

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yup. Machina Dynamica is still my favorite snake oil site. I can't believe they still have a working page, lol. Are folks actually buying that poop??

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh, and I haven't heard a word from op since the day he started this thread. Now I'm wondering if he wanted my shipping info for something else. He did ask for it... :oops:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well gosh darn I guess we'll never get to the bottom of this non problem.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis