DIY Subwoofer Arm Rest

C

craggs2341

Audiophyte
Hi All

I want to get a second Dayton Ultimax 12 inch sub for my home theatre but the current setup in terms of furniture and room layout doesnt really lend itself to another. I currently have a ported DIY unit with the same sub.

What I was thinking of doing is replacing the existing modular arm rests on our couch which is near on hard up against a well with a sealed box unit. I was considering some kind of nice wooden top to go on it so it looks like more of a coffee table.

My concern though is that really the only way for me to have it is to have the driver facing the wall with a gab of around 4 inches.

Will this be worse or just not be optimal?

See below picture of the arm rest I would replace with a similar sized sealed unit, approx 4 cubic feet.

I have also done a poor mans sketchup of the box, location of the sub TBC. The internal box dimensions are enough that the sub has room behind it.

Any feedback appreciated

Attachments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi All

I want to get a second Dayton Ultimax 12 inch sub for my home theatre but the current setup in terms of furniture and room layout doesnt really lend itself to another. I currently have a ported DIY unit with the same sub.

What I was thinking of doing is replacing the existing modular arm rests on our couch which is near on hard up against a well with a sealed box unit. I was considering some kind of nice wooden top to go on it so it looks like more of a coffee table.

My concern though is that really the only way for me to have it is to have the driver facing the wall with a gab of around 4 inches.

Will this be worse or just not be optimal?

See below picture of the arm rest I would replace with a similar sized sealed unit, approx 4 cubic feet.

I have also done a poor mans sketchup of the box, location of the sub TBC. The internal box dimensions are enough that the sub has room behind it.

Any feedback appreciated
Would this sub work for you!

FR.

Since it is a TL (pipe) it is highly efficient and takes very little power to evenly fill the room

This picture shows to room FR in multiple listening positions in a large space. The green trace is way over in the kitchen over the cooking surface.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Would this sub work for you!

FR.

Since it is a TL (pipe) it is highly efficient and takes very little power to evenly fill the room

This picture shows to room FR in multiple listening positions in a large space. The green trace is way over in the kitchen over the cooking surface.

Ok now your just showing off:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis