NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I haven't updated this in a while, but I have since added a MiniDSP 2x4HD, which has allowed me to EQ the sub flat to 16 Hz in room. I've only heard untoward noises when playing some demo scenes, specifically one from Pulse which I believe goes down to 10 Hz.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I haven't updated this in a while, but I have since added a MiniDSP 2x4HD, which has allowed me to EQ the sub flat to 16 Hz in room. I've only heard untoward noises when playing some demo scenes, specifically one from Pulse which I believe goes down to 10 Hz.
Very nice. That Pulse scene is crazy low.

How big is the room you have that in now? Trying to figure out what subs to build for my theater and that PE kit is one of the options I'm considering.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Very nice. That Pulse scene is crazy low.

How big is the room you have that in now? Trying to figure out what subs to build for my theater and that PE kit is one of the options I'm considering.
I'd have to look at the house blueprints for a definite number, but it's probably around 3-4000 cubic feet. It's definitely a very capable sub, especially with external EQ.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'd have to look at the house blueprints for a definite number, but it's probably around 3-4000 cubic feet. It's definitely a very capable sub, especially with external EQ.
Good to know. I think my room is around 2000 cu ft so a few of these would work quite well.

Once I clean out the garage I'll finally finish the last two subs for the rear corners of the theater.

Once that all gets measured I'll see if it makes sense to build a few of these or Marty subs. I wired the room for four so maybe I'll just go nuts. Maybe.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Good to know. I think my room is around 2000 cu ft so a few of these would work quite well.

Once I clean out the garage I'll finally finish the last two subs for the rear corners of the theater.

Once that all gets measured I'll see if it makes sense to build a few of these or Marty subs. I wired the room for four so maybe I'll just go nuts. Maybe.
Man, 4 of these in any of the marty cubes would be insane in that space. By all means I'm a basshead, and one sealed is nuts for me. If my wife cared at all about bass I'd build a second one for more even output, but in our current space she'd certainly kill me if I did.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Man, 4 of these in any of the marty cubes would be insane in that space. By all means I'm a basshead, and one sealed is nuts for me. If my wife cared at all about bass I'd build a second one for more even output, but in our current space she'd certainly kill me if I did.
If i may ask Sir where did you get the kit very nice job on the build too . Iam entertaining thoughts on building my own to replace the two i have now . iam a woodworker and the cabinets are an easy build as i have lots of bar clamps lol ! Id like to build two 15's for my system i have now and add an external amp to run both buy the way i really like the cabinet finish you chose .

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
If i may ask Sir where did you get the kit very nice job on the build too . Iam entertaining thoughts on building my own to replace the two i have now . iam a woodworker and the cabinets are an easy build as i have lots of bar clamps lol ! Id like to build two 15's for my system i have now and add an external amp to run both buy the way i really like the cabinet finish you chose .
Thanks!

I got everything for the enclosure from Parts Express. They've got a lot of options:

Parts Express subwoofer kits

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
Love that the build went down in your living room. Strong work, that would never fly in my house.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Finally got some sweeps off the old laptop. Here is the EQ'ed sweep of the UM-18 in my space. Ignore the 115 dB reading, this was done at 75 db. No idea why it was reading high that day.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis