as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Why would you believe that?
I think it has to do more with his methods than a lack of understandiing!
Right now he is losing for this fall.

So, if he is going to lose, one of his "best" (if you are a sociopath) approaches is to
1) do everything you can to make the upcoming election suspect - raise concerns over mail-in ballots (which are sure to be at record levels, given the virus) and do nothing (or a bare minimum) to reduce the level of foreign interference in the elections.
2) Shore up the most extreme members of his base who will then cling to "rigged" election like a dog with a bone!

Remember, even though he won, he still made lots of noise about the 2016 election being rigged. I think it was because he did not expect to win and had this narrative so entrenched he decided to still use it. For him, it is all about not losing face (remember marketing and image are dominate factors in his history). He can't accomplish that is a legitimate and straight-forward way, so he does it by coming up with viable stories about how the deep state is attempting to ruin him, but he is like Rambo going against the corrupt government! It is a story that much of his base just eats up!
I, personally believe he'd be delighted if members of his base pick up arms in protest of how the election was rigged. Hopefully that is not what might happen, but if he can keep the hard-core militant portion of his Rascist/KKK/Neo-nazi supports wound up, it could happen!
Notice how he never speaks out directly against them, just like he seems to have no concern over the Russians putting a bounty on American soldiers' heads (even if you give him the benefit of believing that he was not aware of this, it makes no sense that he is not addressing it). If you are helping him in any way, regardless of your ethics, he is going to keep you in business as best he can!
I just see him as the anti-Forrest Gump, I suppose.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
How about I wait while you make a list of Trump's efforts to appeal beyond his base!
I don't believe there is such a list to be compiled and I don't think I implied that he has made such appeals.

Actually, he did make that straight-from-the-heart appeal to black people with the "what have you got to lose" bit. Soooooo, there's that...

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Can you give me examples of these appeals to white supremacy?
I'm with John on this one. Are you parroting or do you have some factual basis for this.

I don't like the guy but parroting this shite without factual basis is part of why he was voted in. The media has a narrative it's desperate push in the form of virtue signalling (look no further than Nick Sandman) and there's a voting contingent that is tired of it.
The examples of Trump making direct and indirect appeals to white supremacists are abundant, unmistakable, and well documented. They have been widely reported for 3½ years. If you missed reports of them, it might be because you've been watching Faux News, known to edit out that type of content. Perhaps you've been watching only Faux News.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Can you give me examples of these appeals to white supremacy?
I'm with John on this one. Are you parroting or do you have some factual basis for this.

I don't like the guy but parroting this shite without factual basis is part of why he was voted in. The media has a narrative it's desperate push in the form of virtue signalling (look no further than Nick Sandman) and there's a voting contingent that is tired of it.
If I need to list them, you guys really aren't paying attention. If it's gonna take him turning up at a press conference wearing a white sheet and hood before you get it, then I can't help you.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
If I need to list them, you guys really aren't paying attention. If it's gonna take him turning up at a press conference wearing a white sheet and hood before you get it, then I can't help you.
This is the post-grade school version of “If you don’t know, I’m not going to tell you.” Equally effective and equally mature.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
The examples of Trump making direct and indirect appeals to white supremacists are abundant, unmistakable, and well documented. They have been widely reported for 3½ years. If you missed reports of them, it might be because you've been watching Faux News, known to edit out that type of content. Perhaps you've been watching only Faux News.
This is the post-grade school version of “If you don’t know, I’m not going to tell you.” Equally effective and equally mature.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Wrong. Since the information is readily available to you, don't expect someone else to do the minimal research for you.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Hold on, I posted an explicit example of media bias and that damn the facts it's going to push it (Nick Sandman). Either backup or redact your claims.

Now the guy IS a raging misogynist with the most prevalent example being 'grab them by the *****.

What I would like is for the misrepresentation to stop. Just VOTE next November. All these attempts at cutting this guy off at the knees have just backfired.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Hold on, I posted an explicit example of media bias and that damn the facts it's going to push it (Nick Sandman). Either backup or redact your claims.

Now the guy IS a raging misogynist with the most prevalent example being 'grab them by the *****.

What I would like is for the misrepresentation to stop. Just VOTE next November. All these attempts at cutting this guy off at the knees have just backfired.
Dude- this a typical tactic when emotion trumps (pun intended) fact: “I can say anything I want; it’s your job to prove me wrong.”

jinjuku

jinjuku

Dude- this a typical tactic when emotion trumps (pun intended) fact: “I can say anything I want; it’s your job to prove me wrong.”
It's why I brought up a concrete example of wanting to be so virtuous as to having zero issue with pushing a fictional narrative. It's unbecoming.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Here are the first hits I got from Googling "examples of trump racism"
I thought the argument was about white supremacy, not racism. *Yes I'm positive he's also a racist. I'm not sure how that translates into white supremacy. He most likely despises poor people of all color and nationalities.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I thought the argument was about white supremacy, not racism. *Yes I'm positive he's also a racist. I'm not sure how that translates into white supremacy. He most likely despises poor people of all color and nationalities.
My apologies. I didn't realize you wanted the hair split between his blatant racism and white supremacy. Is he a card-carrying member of the KKK? I doubt it. But his "there are good people on both sides" and "shithole countries" statements certainly give one an inkling of what he's thinking. Does he need to start talking like a 1950's Afrikaner?

Regarding the golf cart tweet, I really think he did that cluelessly. He deleted it when it was pointed out to him.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
My apologies. I didn't realize you wanted the hair split between his blatant racism and white supremacy. Is he a card-carrying member of the KKK? I doubt it. But his "there are good people on both sides" and "shithole countries" statements certainly give one an inkling of what he's thinking. Does he need to start talking like a 1950's Afrikaner?

Regarding the golf cart tweet, I really think he did that cluelessly. He deleted it when it was pointed out to him.
Yeah, I was waiting for these tired "examples" and had a strong feeling they would come up. This is what happens when one suckles at the teat of the biased press, confident that what they feed you is the unaltered truth (while loudly proclaiming alternate viewpoints as "Faux" news). Ironically, you told me to do my own research while you fail to do your own. I am pretty sure you are comfortable in your "knowledge" of these events and won't be bothered to do any independent research, so I will help you out. Yes, Trump did indeed say "very fine people on both sides" but if you were to listen to ALL of what he said or read the transcript, he was not referring to the white supremacists (or antifa, for that matter) that showed up, but the peaceful protesters that gathered before the sh*t went down. He then condemned quite strongly the white supremacists (and antifa or "Alt Left"). OF course, the edited version is accepted as gospel by those who want it to be so. As far as the "shithole countries" comment goes, that is attributed to lord helmet Durbin (D-IL) who said DT said that during an immigration meeting and, again, reported on as the gospel truth for those who want it to be so (several sites have it listed as "disputed" and there is no recording of Trump actually saying it). YW

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I was waiting for these tired "examples" and had a strong feeling they would come up. This is what happens when one suckles at the teat of the biased press, confident that what they feed you is the unaltered truth (while loudly proclaiming alternate viewpoints as "Faux" news). Ironically, you told me to do my own research while you fail to do your own. I am pretty sure you are comfortable in your "knowledge" of these events and won't be bothered to do any independent research, so I will help you out. Yes, Trump did indeed say "very fine people on both sides" but if you were to listen to ALL of what he said or read the transcript, he was not referring to the white supremacists (or antifa, for that matter) that showed up, but the peaceful protesters that gathered before the sh*t went down. He then condemned quite strongly the white supremacists (and antifa or "Alt Left"). OF course, the edited version is accepted as gospel by those who want it to be so. As far as the "shithole countries" comment goes, that is attributed to lord helmet Durbin (D-IL) who said DT said that during an immigration meeting and, again, reported on as the gospel truth for those who want it to be so (several sites have it listed as "disputed" and there is no recording of Trump actually saying it). YW
Do you believe that Trump is not a misogynist, bigot and a racist?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Do you believe that Trump is not a misogynist, bigot and a racist?
That’s not what we are talking about, but people keep wanting to steer the conversation in that direction.

jinjuku

jinjuku

My apologies. I didn't realize you wanted the hair split between his blatant racism and white supremacy.
It's not a hair though! There's a delta between being an asshole racist and someone that believes in racial supremacy.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It's not a hair though! There's a delta between being an asshole racist and someone that believes in racial supremacy.
At first I didn't get your point, but I get it now. All white supremacists are racist, but not all racists are white supremacists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis