B&W sold to a Silicon Valley start up company

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Going back the B&W 800/802s, I always wondered if they would ever offer an Aluminum or Titanium version of the tweeter, instead of diamond.

So it would be the 800A or 800T. :D

The idea is that a much thicker Aluminum or Titanium diaphragm would be a lot more durable than this extremely thin 0.001" layer of synthetic diamond.
That would be cool to see some models with different materials which could lower the overall costs. The unfortunate part is that I don't foresee B&W doing that.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah Andrew some Models like this with some different materials used would be very nice
7D1E61BD-B9C5-4129-A5D8-5BBCC39193B9.gif

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
9CD9A90F-0963-4333-B8CF-BED1E8DD6673.jpeg

Maybe something Fordable for the masses? get it, Ford able. As long as they Don't come all black cheap Vinyl wrap:)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
"Hey look at the pretty rock. We should totally buy them all and keep them in a big vault and pretend they're rare. No one will ever know, and we can sell them for crazy markup. Then, when people try to trade them in, we can give them 10% of what they paid."

I don't get the allure of "precious" stones. Gladly, neither does my wife. I had a fried who's now wife made him return the engagement ring he got her for a bigger one. Wow.
I would have rescinded the marriage offer at that point. I had an engagement ring custom made for my wife with a sapphire in it. She has never liked diamonds.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I would have rescinded the marriage offer at that point. I had an engagement ring custom made for my wife with a sapphire in it. She has never liked diamonds.
They had a weird relationship. Still do, but they're very happy. I honestly didn't think they'd ever get to this point. She actually changed a lot for the better, but damn that wasn't cool.

I do agree, I would have just told her to get her own damn ring if mine wasn't good enough.

Patrick Butler

Patrick Butler

Junior Audioholic
HI AcuDefTechGuy,

All of our current bookshelf and floor standing products feature a locking tweeter guard that has dramatically reduced the number of tweeters that are broken. Whether it's aluminum, titanium or diamond, a pushed-in tweeter usually requires replacement. Soft domes can sometimes be massaged or sucked out, but there can still be damage to the voice coil that ruins the tweeter.

Best regards,

Patrick
Bowers & Wilkins

Going back the B&W 800/802s, I always wondered if they would ever offer an Aluminum or Titanium version of the tweeter, instead of diamond.

So it would be the 800A or 800T. :D

The idea is that a much thicker Aluminum or Titanium diaphragm would be a lot more durable than this extremely thin 0.001" layer of synthetic diamond.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis