as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
With the sad death of Mr Floyd at the hands of some dreadful police work, beyond dreadful, murderous I suspect, the senseless rioting undermines the respectful protesting that has been held. As a young lad I thought peacefully coexistence would be attained in my lifetime, I'm beginning to wonder .........

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
With the sad death of Mr Floyd at the hands of some dreadful police work, beyond dreadful, murderous I suspect, the senseless rioting undermines the respectful protesting that has been held. As a young lad I thought peacefully coexistence would be attained in my lifetime, I'm beginning to wonder .........
Many of us considered kneeling during the National Anthem an impressively respectful means of protest, but that was repressed/vilified.
The events of this week made it obvious that progress has not been made (actually things almost seem to have slid backwards with Trump's encouragement of repressing minorities - which is probably also a force behind the extent of this "pendulum swing")!
The reality is that protests do have a history of being the catalyst for change, and often it is the violent protests that are most effective - nothing to be proud of, but it is the reality of humanity!
It is the "lack of peaceful coexistence" being instigated by the legal system/police force (who are tasked to "protect and serve") that is the source of this mayhem. It is the ineffectiveness of past protests to make a difference that has led to this level of destruction in the attempt to incite a real and permanent change!
Like it or not, if we had peacefully coexisted with the Brits in the 1770's we would likely still be sacrificing our self-worth as human beings to promote the British society's goals. Maybe our independence could have been obtained peacefully over a much longer period of time, but there are no historical examples of that that I know of.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
my peaceful coexistent comment was directed towards the never ending racial tension. Given this cops prior transgressions I suspect that those above him will have some answering to do as well.

Regardless the rioting, looting and destruction of property by the animals in our society is a disgrace.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
my peaceful coexistent comment was directed towards the never ending racial tension. Given this cops prior transgressions I suspect that those above him will have some answering to do as well.

Regardless the rioting, looting and destruction of property by the animals in our society is a disgrace.
I agree, it is horrible and destructive!
I am simply trying to explain it in the context of history/humanity, because many would coach it in terms of "the crime" when I think it is actually more realistically defined as a response to a systemic pattern of crimes being committed as SOP by US law enforcement agencies!
I do believe this will be a "game-changer" in how the police tolerate bad cops, because good cops gotta be getting tired of seeing this type of crap! I think the police are losing "the benefit of the doubt", which is a shame given the nature of their job, but necessary, given the history of its abuse!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
agreed Kurt, but let's not loose sight of the fact that the good cops still outnumber the bad ones, at least in my book.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
This is not a response to your last post, but a general observation.
Knowing many people on the local police force, I can say it is quite impressive that they already had a special training session in response to the knee-neck arrest. It is heartening that the obvious response among the police officers in this training session was utter contempt for the officer as well as the three that just watched. Although one of them did suggest the perpetrator get off of Floyd, none of them took a hard line. That probably reflects how much they felt the chief would back them up and/or any ridicule they might receive from their peers.
But after the training session, it was clear what the chief (here) expected and also clear that the societal-norm among this group of officers would be not to tolerate it! Notice has been served... if there was anyone their that might consider doing such a thing!
Did the looting help bring this quick and (it seems) decisive response? It is a good question that I don't know the answer to. You might think the situation with Aubrey would have caused such a training session here in Ga, but it is Floyds death that is what has caused this dramatic response!
Actually, I believe the Amy Cooper incident is really the biggest driving force behind all of this! The way she intended to deliberately weaponize the police against a peaceful African American citizen was a level of insidiously evil and calculating racism that I (despite having grown up with family in small dirt-farming town, SC) did not know existed!
That the Amy Cooper ended without any egregious inhumanity against African Americans prevented it from being a incendiary event, but it sure set the stage for the current violent looting! I was impressed at how Christian Cooper has responded- class act:
"I am told there has been death threats and that is wholly inappropriate and abhorrent and should stop immediately," Christian Cooper said.
"I find it strange that people who were upset that ... that she tried to bring death by cop down on my head, would then turn around and try to put death threats on her head. Where is the logic in that?" he said. "Where does that make any kind of sense?"

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
agreed Kurt, but let's not loose sight of the fact that the good cops still outnumber the bad ones, at least in my book.
In mine too, but if I were a black man in rural Georgia or certain areas of Minnesota I might be aware of a different book in play!

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
KEW brought up in another thread the comments Noah Trevor made, think they're appropriate here as well

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
KEW brought up in another thread the comments Noah Trevor made, think they're appropriate here as well
@Mikado463 Why don't you just watch the first 4 or 5 minutes or so, and make a new post based on this instead of marking them as "animals"? While you do that please comment about white angry people with assault rifles entering a state legislature trying to force some change at gun point.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
@Mikado463 Why don't you just watch the first 4 or 5 minutes or so, and make a new post based on this instead of marking them as "animals"? While you do that please comment about white angry people with assault rifles entering a state legislature trying to force some change at gun point.
This year in the USA has been insanity!
...and all the while Russia continues to undermine the unity of our country on social media with Trump as willing assistant - I don't know if Trump is aware of that effect of his behavior, but he surely like to provoke disputes!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

And, it sounds more like out of town and state instigators are involved.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah this was just inexcusable

Working in psych we get some ROWDY admits just 3 weeks ago one of them coming in admissions put 4 of our staff in the hospital put one ladies head and smashed it into a wall

When we managed to get there in time to restrain him he never ever hit the ground due to a word I'm sure you've heard mentioned lately positional asphyxia that dude actually was arrested by the police that night surprised us they arrested him they usually won't but he left without a mark on him anywhere

It's been in training for years now and it means that in restraints it is clearly documented that people are at risk if you take them to the ground and have your weight on top of them

And that's being not that rough! Let alone with your knee placed on there neck which by the way was pressing right into his artery in mixed martial Arts it's well known that the artery in this spot will cut your blood flow right off to the brain it's why a triangle choke is so effective

Every hands on incidence in our facility is reviewed on tape I can assure if I ever did that too a patient what that officer did to him I'd be fired on the spot even if he turned out okay

If he died I'd be in jail rightfully so with my hospital pressing charges

All the police officers in San Antonio are aware of this training and know how to safely restrain and I guarantee you they know how to do it down there as well

There was simply no exscuse for what I saw on that video none

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I remember watching that video and getting actually worked up emotional especially as I heard the crowd pleading with them to just put him in the cop car

And then when he clearly goes limp several minutes into it I was literally yelling at my phone let him up! He's passed out your gonna kill him what the F@$! are you doing! I was in my house at the time I can and I got that worked up I can only imagine what that crowd felt at that moment.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
WTF are you talking about, no where in my post did I bring 'race' into my comment on rioting, looting and destruction of property. Are you condoning their behavior ? For the record if you would have opened your eyes you would have seen whites behaving like animals as well. What if it had been your business that was destroyed, what would you have done, invited them over for dinner afterwards ?

As far as your 'baited' question on carrying assault weapons into the State Legislature, you need to change your name from Trell to 'tool' ........

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I remember watching that video and getting actually worked up emotional especially as I heard the crowd pleading with them to just put him in the cop car

And then when he clearly goes limp several minutes into it I was literally yelling at my phone let him up! He's passed out your gonna kill him what the F@$! are you doing! I was in my house at the time I can and I got that worked up I can only imagine what that crowd felt at that moment.
me too, the anger was building and that POS cop held him down for over 8 minutes.

I can only hope when he is convicted he gets to meet 'bubba' while in prison. General population is where he belongs

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
This year in the USA has been insanity!
...and all the while Russia continues to undermine the unity of our country on social media with Trump as willing assistant - I don't know if Trump is aware of that effect of his behavior, but he surely like to provoke disputes!
I do think the social distancing economy and the stress of covid plays a factor in this

That level of stress just brings out our worst as well as our best

Man when those cops did that I was like Jesus what are you doing people are worked up enough as it is and your just throwing fuel on the fire

There is a lot of potential for these situations to continue to escalate

The unemployment sets up crime The stress brings out things we normally repress officers first responders wear down bad decisions are made and like a match in a dry forest it doesn't take much to set it off

Man I'm praying things hold together as best they can

Because we still got more to come we haven't felt the whole impact of COVID on our communities and economy yet the it's like an asteroid or missile strike it's hit we just haven't had a chance to assess

So I'm praying we hold together through it it's gonna get tougher before things get better

And it doesn't help when we have an absolute jacks@$÷ in the oval office tweeting incendiary comments just egging on the conflicts

A real leader brings things together he doesn't tear it all apart

I've just had it with all of his bull@$#

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
So I'm praying we hold together through it it's gonna get tougher before things get better

And it doesn't help when we have an absolute jacks@$÷ in the oval office tweeting incendiary comments just egging on the conflicts

A real leader brings things together he doesn't tear it all apart
This has potential to get so much worse. Our current president thrives on chaos. He will do what he can to exacerbate the situation, and now that he realizes that he is slipping in polls and losing his chances of getting re-elected he will take desperate measures to shore up his standing among his base. Whatever sanitized language they want to dress that up as, it basically means getting tougher on non-whites. It's gonna get ugly.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
WTF are you talking about, no where in my post did I bring 'race' into my comment on rioting, looting and destruction of property. Are you condoning their behavior ? For the record if you would have opened your eyes you would have seen whites behaving like animals as well. What if it had been your business that was destroyed, what would you have done, invited them over for dinner afterwards ?

As far as your 'baited' question on carrying assault weapons into the State Legislature, you need to change your name from Trell to 'tool' ........
you know I'm not trying to condone what happened and I'm not trying to spark off controversy

But what is that crowd supposed to do? This is not the first time it's been an issue I believe the officer on his neck had a lot of complaints filed against him I read somewhere I know not every single one is legit but enough there to put up a red flag

And that's just one officer think about what it was like as well before we could record stuff on our phones

I don't condone the violence but I just feel that that community had had enough they just snapped there message is clear either there authorities do something about it or they will and well right or not they did

I think the city badly underestimated the response they needed to make firing these guys wasn't enough they needed to press some charges

When they started saying we need to fully investigate the situation etc etc that just set that community OFF. I mean OFF.

I knew after the first night when the officers used tear gas and rubber bullets and they still showed up the next day I was like oh sh+×÷t this isn't going to end well these people are pissed and they are not going to back down this isn't gonna end well at all

3 days later community trashed and an entire precinct burned down I was like Damn man

I hate to say it and it doesn't make what happened right but I bet the higher ups are wishing they would've handled some things differently now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis