Q-acoustics 3010i vs Pioneer DM-40

Photoro

Photoro

Audiophyte
Hello,

Please help me decide speakers which I will use for music listening and watching You Tube, Netflix on my desktop PC.

In my place I have limited number of speakers I can choose from. So this are my only two options (Q acoustics 3010i and Pioneer DM 40).
The Pioneer DM40 are active speakers, but I can only afford a cheap class D amplifier from Ali-express for the Q acoustics 3010i. (Amplifier like Nobsound 50watt x2)
Will does cheap amplifiers sound good enough or should I go with the Pioneer instead?

Any advice is welcomed.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
@zieglj01 can likely provide some insight here.

What is your budget for just the amp?

Photoro

Photoro

Audiophyte
I am already stretching mu budget with the Q-acoustics, so I was thinking about 30-40$ class D amplifier (TPA3116).
I guess the Q acoustic would sound better but if the cheap amplifier ruin the sound maybe I should go for the cheaper Pioneer.

Photoro

Photoro

Audiophyte
Not in my price range. I wanted to go with KRK Rokits R5 but they are way out of mu budget.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
If you can get a 50 watt amp, then the Q Acoustics can work for you -- I have no direct experience with the Pioneer active speakers. ... Just note, that bass will be somewhat limited with either speaker

Photoro

Photoro

Audiophyte
Great, I will go with the Q acoustics and maybe I can upgrade to a more decent amp in the future.
I am using Creative T20II speakers which I don't like at all, so I expect the Q acoustics to have whey more bass and sound quality. B.T.W. I leave in shared apartment so a sub woofer would be out of the question for now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've just recently learned of Q Acoustics and their speakers look pretty nice. I wouldn't want one of their subwoofers tho...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I am using Creative T20II speakers which I don't like at all, so I expect the Q acoustics to have whey more bass and sound quality. B.T.W. I leave in shared apartment so a sub woofer would be out of the question for now.
The QA 3010i will be a big step up compared to the Creative T20II speakers

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I've just recently learned of Q Acoustics and their speakers look pretty nice. I wouldn't want one of their subwoofers tho...
I'm pretty sure zieg and a few other members have/had them, and really liked them.

They tend to gain praise from S&V too.

I think they have a speaker where you can slide the grill off the front, then slide it onto the rear of the speaker for safe keeping. I couldn't seem to find a pic of that, but that always seemed like a good idea to me, never seen any other speaker do it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis