D

devilmanterry

Audioholic Intern
Was about to pull the trigger on the LS50s, but I've seen some comments regarding placement and so wondering if it would be an issue if these are going to be placed in the corners of my room? I see in the manual they recommend that they are roughly 20" from the walls (or you put something in the port if they are closer), but that won't pass the WAF test, so realistically they'll be in the corners of the room. Is that going to be an issue?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Probably no more so than putting speakers in the corners generally....WAF and acoustics don't necessarily get along :)

D

devilmanterry

Audioholic Intern
Ahh gotcha. To be honest I think the speakers would look a little odd sitting that far off the rear and side walls in my living room. If it were the HT in the basement or a dedicated listening room that's another story, but they would sort of be in the way in their 'ideal' spot.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
My LS50's are in a corner, no more than 8" away from the wall, and they sound fine & dandy. Of course it helps that I ran Yamaha's YPAO room EQ, along with a single Velodyne sub.

D

devilmanterry

Audioholic Intern
My LS50's are in a corner, no more than 8" away from the wall, and they sound fine & dandy. Of course it helps that I ran Yamaha's YPAO room EQ, along with a single Velodyne sub.
Good to know, I will be using a sub and the EQ in my Denon

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Good to know, I will be using a sub and the EQ in my Denon
You should be fine, just experiment with the supplied bungs or leave them out like I did. Gave the speakers a more expansive sound without a reverb-y like feel. It took me a while but I finally got it right (soundstage/image).

Most people, before they walk into the room, are under the impression that I'm running towers and are quite shocked when they discover they're just big bookshelves/monitors. An amazing speaker, which I'm still not tired of to this day.

Last edited:
D

devilmanterry

Audioholic Intern
You should be fine, just experiment with the supplied bungs or leave them out like I did. Gave the speakers a more expansive sound without a reverb-y like feel. It took me a while but I finally got it right (soundstage/image).

Most people, before they walk into the room, are under the impression that I'm running towers and are quite shocked when they discover they're just big bookshelves/monitors. An amazing speaker, which I'm still not tired of to this day.
Okay that's good to hear as well.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I was thinking of placing a pair of these in some bookshelves. Any concerns. They will have a few inches behind them at most but will have a sub integrated and will cross them at about 90 hz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
They will have room on the sides

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
They will have room on the sides

See my answer above to 'devilmanterry', though you may want to insert the bungs in your case, being that close to the wall, in the bookshelves.

Try playing with the bungs, in or out, in Direct mode and then run your Onkyo's room EQ program to tweak the overall sound.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis