Non music deal - car equipment

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
US Cars are on average 11.8 years old1. The fatality rate is 4 times higher in those old vehicles2. As the leading connected car company in the US, nonda is committed to protecting your journey behind the wheel through innovative products and technology. nonda advanced connected car technology has been proved to improve vehicle safety rate by 224%.

To boost American Drivers' safety, We've decided to give away 1,000,000 FREE ZUS Smart Vehicle Health Monitor Mini. Tech Up, Drive Safer!

you just pay the shipping money. (8€ for europe, for usa dunno)
i recommend paypal so you can clain this tiny amount back (just in case) they dont it ship to you.
obd 2 port needed, cars after 1997 have it.

works for european address as well. İ took one not shipped yet

1 day and 17 hours left
enjoy, thank me later :)

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
US Cars are on average 11.8 years old1. The fatality rate is 4 times higher in those old vehicles2. As the leading connected car company in the US, nonda is committed to protecting your journey behind the wheel through innovative products and technology. nonda advanced connected car technology has been proved to improve vehicle safety rate by 224%.

To boost American Drivers' safety, We've decided to give away 1,000,000 FREE ZUS Smart Vehicle Health Monitor Mini. Tech Up, Drive Safer!

you just pay the shipping money. (8€ for europe, for usa dunno)
i recommend paypal so you can clain them back just in case They dont ship.
obd 2 port needed, cars after 1997 have it.

works for european address as well. İ took one not shipped yet

1 day and 17 hours left
enjoy, thank me later :)
Many older cars are owned by people who can't afford to maintain them, so they replace when something major fails. That's the whole reason for the failed 'Cash For Clunkers' program- get the cars that are so poorly maintained that they belch pollution off the roads and newer cars will replace them. The flaw was the ignorance of the fact that if the new car owner can't afford to maintain a car, they can't afford to make car payments and they can't afford insurance- cars that are financed require insurance, as do all US states.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
my english is not that good to follow. i understand half of your story.
that device which is a gift for 37 hours more, its just for cars made from 1997. it requires obd II port.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't think you're gonna get a lot of replies here bill, everyone here is more audio oriented.

What highfigh is saying is that in his experience most people who have a car that old can't afford to pay for repairs. A device that tells them of a problem won't do much if they can't pay for the repairs.

A fair point perhaps, but I dunno. In some cases I'd think early warning of minor problems could alert someone before it turns into major problems. Either way, I doubt you'll get a lot of replies for this one. I don't know many people with a vehicle that old.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Those that are going to use an obd scanner probably already are. Can it read all proprietary coding? I doubt it....

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Those that are going to use an obd scanner probably already are. Can it read all proprietary coding? I doubt it....
Yes there is an app which you install on your phone. And reads the scanner with bluetooth.
actually its free for some hours More, its 60$ normaly. Only problem maybe is, some people,compain for problems with it. Like burn fuses.
i dont recommend leave it on, i already said that. In and out :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes there is an app which you install on your phone. And reads the scanner with bluetooth.
actually its free for some hours More, its 60$ normaly. Only problem maybe is, some people,compain for problems with it. Like burn fuses.
i dont recommend leave it on, i already said that. In and out :)
I don't think you understood. It's the extent of the read by the scanner that's limited. Whether you can read scanner results with an app or not isn't the point. It's the extent of the information available with proprietary systems the manufacturers have.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks!
I looked at it a bit - I already have two simple OBDII readers.
It looks pretty cool and I will give one a try.
However, I looked it up on Amazon and it has 25% 1 star rating. Seems the big problem is it will drain down the car battery overnight trying to BT connect to the phone.
Also has a 50% 5 star rating so I suspect that maybe some cars turn off the power when the car is turned off and others keep power to the OBD 24/7? That is my best theory.
I will give it a shot and see.

It cost ~$8.50 to ship.

Since I already have the readers, the most obvious useful feature is the tire pressure indicator. Two of my cars have the idiot light to let me know when the tire pressure is low. This device will actually tell me the pressure in each tire (see corners of the display below)! Even if I only attach it when the idiot light comes on, it is worth it to know which tire needs pressure and the actual pressure like my other car - if I am at 28psi, I know I can wait until I get back to home turf, but if it is 15psi I know I am risking a blow-out if I get on interstate (~70mph - it is the melting of the sidewalls from being flexed so much that causes most blowouts). Notice that it also give temperature for each wheel (I assume!) that is really nice and something I did not realize the sensors measured.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I don't think you understood. It's the extent of the read by the scanner that's limited. Whether you can read scanner results with an app or not isn't the point. It's the extent of the information available with proprietary systems the manufacturers have.
I suspect that it does, but if it doesn't, all you have to do is google "Engine code P1154 chevrolet" (for example) to find it!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I suspect that it does, but if it doesn't, all you have to do is google "Engine code P1154 chevrolet" (for example) to find it!
Just going by what my brother has mentioned in the past, he's a master mechanic....have passed him the link for comment.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
However, I looked it up on Amazon and it has 25% 1 star rating. Seems the big problem is it will drain down the car battery overnight trying to BT connect to the phone.
Yes that looks like a possible problem. U must click turn off from the app or, take it off from the obd2 port. I recommend not to leave it on the car, for the first days at least.
i am sure the support of this company has a solution to this.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My brother's initial comment is he prefers the Torque Pro android app for bt obdII adapters for $5.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
My brother's initial comment is he prefers the Torque Pro android app for bt obdII adapters for $5.
Ask him if we can use this app with this scanner.
actually this is 60$, you just pay the shipping.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ask him if we can use this app with this scanner.
actually this is 60$, you just pay the shipping.
He's not sure what would work with the Nonda particularly, might want to ask Nonda, but his general comment is that you can use any obdII/bt/app you want after a check engine light comes on....most of it being bullshit marketing as far ass the subscription type scanner setups go:) . He's got a $12 Veepeak bt obdii unit with his Torque Pro at home. He says a fantastic scanner would be the Snapon but kinda expensive :)

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
I second Torque Pro. Used it on my 2005 Mustang GT, and 2007 Cadillac CTS-V. Never had an issue. But the ability to display is dependent upon the reader

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I am trying to figure out Nonda's angle on this!
$8-$9 shipping is a little high for bulk (I believe), but we are talking in the range of $4 a pop ending up in Nonda's hands.
The unit itself is no more than a transmitter plus the plug and a housing for it. Their cost might be that low, but I am inclined to think they are losing (a little). I would assume that the development of the software has been paid for and is no longer required in the price of the reader.

Are there any add-ons or subscription fees? If you have to subscribe to the software with a monthly fee, that would suck!

Either way, I'm in for $8.50! :)

PS - I wonder if these can be used with a tablet running android?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I am trying to figure out Nonda's angle on this!
$8-$9 shipping is a little high for bulk (I believe), but we are talking in the range of $4 a pop ending up in Nonda's hands.
The unit itself is no more than a transmitter plus the plug and a housing for it. Their cost might be that low, but I am inclined to think they are losing (a little). I would assume that the development of the software has been paid for and is no longer required in the price of the reader.

Are there any add-ons or subscription fees? If you have to subscribe to the software with a monthly fee, that would suck!

Either way, I'm in for $8.50! :)

PS - I wonder if these can be used with a tablet running android?
Curious to see your take on it!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I asked bill separately if he had anything to do with the organization, he said no. Why he's promoting it I'm not clear, maybe this is entirely new to him.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis