L/R Speaker placement for movies verses music

Nakean

Nakean

Junior Audioholic
Hey everyone. Just got some Klipsch Forte OG's and I'm in heaven.

During music I pull them well away from the walls and equidistant from their relative distance (about 5-6ft)creating the sacred triangle. Listening at this distance is magic.

Now when watching movies do you guys ever pull your speakers out to do the same thing when watching a movie by yourself? The envelopment of sound is 10 fold when watching this way. Can you get this same sense by just widening the distance of the L/R from the further back position? I don't have this option because of my room but I'm curious.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think that would depend on the particular room. I can leave my speakers where they need to be for both, as well as my seating.

Nakean

Nakean

Junior Audioholic
I think that would depend on the particular room. I can leave my speakers where they need to be for both, as well as my seating.
Where do they "need to be" though? I'm curious. Do you have an equilateral triangle going or are you a little further back than they are wide? obviously every room is different. Just wondering if people pull theirs out for movies.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Where do they "need to be" though? I'm curious. Do you have an equilateral triangle going or are you a little further back than they are wide? obviously every room is different. Just wondering if people pull theirs out for movies.
Generally use the equilateral triangle type dimensions and I don't want my speakers up against walls either. Why can't you leave them where they sound best?

Nakean

Nakean

Junior Audioholic
They are for the most part. I just prefer to listen nearfield. Ignore the taller towers as they were only to A/B and make sure I made the right choice with the Forte's. If I pull the speakers forward to where I like them and leave them, there's wire running from brick to toward listening position and that's the only way to enter this space. That couch on the right goes fairly far forward and then makes it awkward to get into he space if the speakers are closer as well.

Lastly 2 kids, 2 dogs.....

93140126_10223072150142734_8817950527389171712_o.jpg

Nakean

Nakean

Junior Audioholic
Hahaha!
90057378_10222700595734106_9158376219454996480_o.jpg
Yes...the WAF is the biggest hurdle. I had to compromise on this one but A pair of Heresy's overlooking the sound in the living room ain't bad! No stands allowed, couldn't be above the windowsill (which are quite low) and had to allow plants on top. Oh and sub small enough to hide behind the couch (SVS sb2000).

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
They are for the most part. I just prefer to listen nearfield. Ignore the taller towers as they were only to A/B and make sure I made the right choice with the Forte's. If I pull the speakers forward to where I like them and leave them, there's wire running from brick to toward listening position and that's the only way to enter this space. That couch on the right goes fairly far forward and then makes it awkward to get into he space if the speakers are closer as well.

Lastly 2 kids, 2 dogs.....

View attachment 35572
How do the Fortes sound compared to the towers? I have only heard Klipsch towers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis