Anthem MCA 325 vs Monolith 3 X 200 Amp

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
What? Emo vs Monolith?

You eliminated Anthem for Emo?

I would stick to Anthem vs Monolith.

The Anthem is $2500 and the Monolith is $1100. So I would definitely get the Monolith. :D
No love for Emo?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Would a rotel 1582 stereo amp sound any different than these other amps?
You really have read lots of stories about how different amps sound? Is this something you've experienced particularly? I haven't....unless they're tubes perhaps.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Since they couldn't fix their flagship amp for Gene and other various gear issues (and as a result Gene is no longer reviewing Emotiva products)....yep, you could say that.
But the thing is he absolutely loved the monoblock amp from Emotiva that he used to have. He just disliked the service. So the actual product was top notch. Whether or not that type of quality has gone into their current products, I don't know. But I've found plenty of very positive reviews of current amps, processors all over the internet and YouTube.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Since they couldn't fix their flagship amp for Gene and other various gear issues (and as a result Gene is no longer reviewing Emotiva products)....yep, you could say that.
Emo mess with one of us, they mess with all of us! :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
But the thing is he absolutely loved the monoblock amp from Emotiva that he used to have. He just disliked the service. So the actual product was top notch. Whether or not that type of quality has gone into their current products, I don't know. But I've found plenty of very positive reviews of current amps, processors all over the internet and YouTube.
Sure, but it's the failures that bother many. The not being able to service their own gear really has no defense (unless you just want to really like an amp for a short period of time like he experienced?). Their amps generally seem okay though their processors tend to be buggy and failure to meet timeframes promised....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No love for Emo?
I actually bought an Emo 7Ch amp a long time ago. It felt cheap and flimsy. Like cheap metal and build. Also couldn’t tolerate the cheese aesthetics. Sold it after a few months.

Did not hear anything since then (buggy electronics) about Emo that changed my mind. What happened with Gene definitely made it even worse.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Emo mess with one of us, they mess with all of us! :D
Mess with the best die like the rest!!!! Crash OverDrive baby!!!! That's a movie quote whoever gets it first you get super awesome cool points 5000 of em :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I had 5 Emo amps from 2011 to 2015 all where very good but with that said they where 1st gen. XPA amps two UPA-1 monoblocks. Thing was at or below Reference level couldn’t tell the Difference between my AVR or the EMO amps. I will say this the UPA-1 monoblock amps where very good shouldn’t have sold those off. Thing about Emotiva is they’ll put out a good amp for a year or two than stop making them. Why? you have a good amp at a great price sells out of them so let’s stop making them.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Sure, but it's the failures that bother many. The not being able to service their own gear really has no defense (unless you just want to really like an amp for a short period of time like he experienced?). Their amps generally seem okay though their processors tend to be buggy and failure to meet timeframes promised....
Yes exactly a good amp can last you for decades at least 10 years easily more
So to not be able to service something that usually can last that long if it busts 5 years outside its warranty because they no longer carry the parts? A little concerning to me
I thought about purchasing there speakers I've been wanting to try them but a fella was telling me to be careful cuz they were going to discontinue that line with a new one. So I'd better order everything I need then
I was like Damn they came out with these not too long ago
Just makes you wary of purchasing when they flip lines so fast and won't help with an older lineup
If it was 20 years old yeah but we're talking 2 3 years ago

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes exactly a good amp can last you for decades at least 10 years easily more
So to not be able to service something that usually can last that long if it busts 5 years outside its warranty because they no longer carry the parts? A little concerning to me
I thought about purchasing there speakers I've been wanting to try them but a fella was telling me to be careful cuz they were going to discontinue that line with a new one. So I'd better order everything I need then
I was like Damn they came out with these not too long ago
Just makes you wary of purchasing when they flip lines so fast and won't help with an older lineup
If it was 20 years old yeah but we're talking 2 3 years ago
I really kinda despise companies that do that. Make something, make it right the first time and support your product.

Cell phones man. Horrible for that. Built in obsolescence, keep you lusting after the next best. I stopped doing it. I'm still using a Galaxy S7 Edge (tho currently shopping...).

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I really kinda despise companies that do that. Make something, make it right the first time and support your product.

Cell phones man. Horrible for that. Built in obsolescence, keep you lusting after the next best. I stopped doing it. I'm still using a Galaxy S7 Edge (tho currently shopping...).
I stopped at the LG V40 for now no more I said!!! Lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Haha, Acid Burn was definitely a looker. Though, I do like AJ with longer hair. Mr. and Mrs. Smith she was smokin hot.
Longer hair shorter hair it's all good bro I'm never picky when I go to a buffet!!!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Longer hair shorter hair it's all good bro I'm never picky when I go to a buffet!!!
You guys seen that movie “Wanted”. Angelina Jolie has a Nude scene where the shot is from behind. She got one of them long butts Skinny long legs. But I’m sure bottom has been knocked out long ago,
She like J-Low been with a Lot of Man whores.
:p;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You guys seen that movie “Wanted”. Angelina Jolie has a Nude scene where the shot is from behind. She got one of them long butts Skinny long legs. But I’m sure bottom has been knocked out long ago,
She like J-Low been with a Lot of Man whores.
:p;)
As they get older they get skinny they don't get to keep them curves but that's alright I'll take skinny too!!!!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis