Receiver Recommendation for a 3.1 or 5.1 channels

M

M.Ramos

Enthusiast
They have the best return for audio/video, even if you don’t like it for any reason. Back in 2012 a had ordered a NAD Pre-Pro for 3K, I tried it out for a month and half Decided I didn’t like it. I called in got a service person they sent me a UPS shipping label to my email boxed it back up ran down to my Local UPS store, within 6 day’s money was back in my bank account. No affiliation at all Crutchfield, they have a very Generous return policy.
[/QUOTE
I have been researching and i'm really convince they are good, there costumers service is awesome

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It, turn on randomly, sometimes it doesn't sound and one have to turn it off and on again and if your lucky it resolve the problem, if not one have to unplug it. The overall the EQ and sound modes are very difficult to manage
Well those are problems for sure as far as the random turning on by itself, or is this ARC related? Is the sound failing due to a source via HDMI otherwise?

Have you tried a full microprocessor reset if available?

AVRs tend to be a bit complex as far as accessing particular eq/sound modes, tho.

ps I never found Crutchfield competitively priced myself. You might also check out refurbs/close-outs at accessories4less.com. A visit to a B&M store if discount offered is great enough would work, I just don't live near any stores so internet for me.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The RP-8000F are great speakers but they do need a bit if distance from the listening position in order for the sound from the drivers to integrate. Give them at least 2 meters of distance from listening position.

M

M.Ramos

Enthusiast
Well those are problems for sure as far as the random turning on by itself, or is this ARC related? Is the sound failing due to a source via HDMI otherwise?

Have you tried a full microprocessor reset if available?

AVRs tend to be a bit complex as far as accessing particular eq/sound modes, tho.

ps I never found Crutchfield competitively priced myself. You might also check out refurbs/close-outs at accessories4less.com. A visit to a B&M store if discount offered is great enough would work, I just don't live near any stores so internet for me.
The same hear brother, I live over seas so going to a store for me is very difficult. I think is the ARC as well, maybe there ir a feature that I can disable that would regulate that.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The same hear brother, I live over seas so going to a store for me is very difficult. I think is the ARC as well, maybe there ir a feature that I can disable that would regulate that.
Could be the HDMI-CEC function that causes issues, altho sometimes it's simply components from different brands' implementation that can create handshake issues. Try finding in your setup menu the HDMI CEC function and turn it off (often called hdmi control...Sony might stick Bravia link or sync on it).

M

M.Ramos

Enthusiast
The RP-8000F are great speakers but they do need a bit if distance from the listening position in order for the sound from the drivers to integrate. Give them at least 2 meters of distance from listening position.
Awesome, I think almost anything would sound better than what i have right now. I just want something great that I wont regret buying and wasting money

M

M.Ramos

Enthusiast
Could be the HDMI-CEC function that causes issues, altho sometimes it's simply components from different brands' implementation that can create handshake issues. Try finding in your setup menu the HDMI CEC function and turn it off (often called hdmi control...Sony might stick Bravia link or sync on it).
Perfect, thanks for your help. Hey and what speakers do you recommend ?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Awesome, I think almost anything would sound better than what i have right now. I just want something great that I wont regret buying and wasting money
If you can't give them at least that kind of distance, there are better choices out there. They do have powerful bass, if that is what you are after. Another good speaker in this vein is the Fluance three-way Signature speakers. These are definitely comparable to the Klipsch speakers. Again, those need distance from the listening position for the best sound.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Perfect, thanks for your help. Hey and what speakers do you recommend ?
I've heard nice things about the 8000s, but never heard them. I wasn't crazy about some of the similar Klipsch lines similar to that before, but no chance with these. A few years ago I picked up a pair of JBL 590s, I like those a lot (especially when they go on periodic sales for only $900-1000/pr rather than the usual price of $1k each). Hard to say what speakers you might like....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've heard nice things about the 8000s, but never heard them. I wasn't crazy about some of the similar Klipsch lines similar to that before, but no chance with these. A few years ago I picked up a pair of JBL 590s, I like those a lot (especially when they go on periodic sales for only $900-1000/pr rather than the usual price of $1k each). Hard to say what speakers you might like....
Those JBLs would be on my short list. Solid performers, exceptional performers for the sale price.

M

M.Ramos

Enthusiast
If you can't give them at least that kind of distance, there are better choices out there. They do have powerful bass, if that is what you are after. Another good speaker in this vein is the Fluance three-way Signature speakers. These are definitely comparable to the Klipsch speakers. Again, those need distance from the listening position for the best sound.
which one do you recommend if I have less space?

M

M.Ramos

Enthusiast
i think I would have to go to a Music store that is like 2 hrs from where i live to hear some speakers. But i highly doubt that they have Klipsch available .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
i think I would have to go to a Music store that is like 2 hrs from where i live to hear some speakers. But i highly doubt that they have Klipsch available .
I have a BestBuy with almost no audio demonstration capability 45 minutes away, any other audio shops at least 2 hours away :). You might think about speakers that come with a free in home trial deal like SVS, perhaps the SVS Ultras like @Pogre has for example.

M

M.Ramos

Enthusiast
I have a BestBuy with almost no audio demonstration capability 45 minutes away, any other audio shops at least 2 hours away :). You might think about speakers that come with a free in home trial deal like SVS, perhaps the SVS Ultras like @Pogre has for example.
Thats a great idea. Let me see if i can find deals for those speakers

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
which one do you recommend if I have less space?
If you want a tower speaker but don't have a lot of space between listening position from speaker placement, check out some of these KEF speakers. They seem to be in the price range that you are looking at. These Canton speakers should be good too. Some more slightly more expensive Cantons and KEFs. I think these Polk RTi A9s are good for the price. I think the SVS Prime towers are probably solid too. Something else I would consider is getting some Kali IN-8 speakers. Those should be very good and they already have built-in amplifier, so you only need to provide the source.

M

M.Ramos

Enthusiast
If you want a tower speaker but don't have a lot of space between listening position from speaker placement, check out some of these KEF speakers. They seem to be in the price range that you are looking at. These Canton speakers should be good too. Some more slightly more expensive Cantons and KEFs. I think these Polk RTi A9s are good for the price. I think the SVS Prime towers are probably solid too. Something else I would consider is getting some Kali IN-8 speakers. Those should be very good and they already have built-in amplifier, so you only need to provide the source.
Awesome Thank you !. I really appreciate the help! Which speaker do you own yourself?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have none of these. I have heard the Polks on various occasions and didn't sense that anything was wrong with them. With two midrange drivers, and three 7" bass drivers, they should be capable of a very wide dynamic range, and since the midrange drivers are arranged in an MTM configuration with the tweeter, the sound should cohere at a closer distance than some other towers. The caveat is that you need to be listening to them with ears closer to the height of the tweeter than some other towers. They will have a wide horizontal dispersion but a narrow vertical dispersion.

As for the others, I have heard many Canton and KEF speakers, they are solid brands. The Kali speakers have been measured and been shown to be very neutral. They should have a wide dynamic range too.

M

M.Ramos

Enthusiast
I have none of these. I have heard the Polks on various occasions and didn't sense that anything was wrong with them. With two midrange drivers, and three 7" bass drivers, they should be capable of a very wide dynamic range, and since the midrange drivers are arranged in an MTM configuration with the tweeter, the sound should cohere at a closer distance than some other towers. The caveat is that you need to be listening to them with ears closer to the height of the tweeter than some other towers. They will have a wide horizontal dispersion but a narrow vertical dispersion.

As for the others, I have heard many Canton and KEF speakers, they are solid brands. The Kali speakers have been measured and been shown to be very neutral. They should have a wide dynamic range too.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Now the tough part. Decide between everything

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis