My Media Room Build

Y

Yovwmon

Enthusiast
It’s been three months since I started this build from scratch and I’m finally finishing up the major construction and about to venture into the fun stuff. Looking for open recommendations in regard to acoustics, layout, setup or anything you’re willing to offer advice for this stage of the project.

I’ve been dreaming of this build since I was 15 years old, will be 5.1.4, running 5 x Boston VR950 tower speakers front center and rear, 4 x Sonance Magr8 in the ceiling and SVS PB12 NSD, Denon 3600. Thanks all!

Attachments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It looks like a good start.

I don't see a lot of evidence of the required wiring, but may be I'm missing something.

Properly laying conduit is crucial. Designing the ground place of the theater is also crucial. Proper attention also needs to be devoted to protection and also Ethernet distribution.

These rooms are a lot of work. I just built a new one last year and two other systems besides. We sold our home on Lake Benedict MN and built on in the Twin Cities metro.

AV theater

In Wall System

2 Channel System.

I note you have a lot of hard work left before completion. Keep us updated on progress. It is always fun to sees these schemes progress!

Y

Yovwmon

Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. All the wiring is there, I actually pulled 250’ of speaker wire, it’s was a great time. I also pulled quite a bit of cat5 to multiple locations throughout the room.

I‘m not sure what you mean by “‘Properly laying conduit”. This has been a log of work, three months to get to this point, it’s the biggest project I’ve ever personally done.

It looks like a good start.

I don't see a lot of evidence of the required wiring, but may be I'm missing something.

Properly laying conduit is crucial. Designing the ground place of the theater is also crucial. Proper attention also needs to be devoted to protection and also Ethernet distribution.

These rooms are a lot of work. I just built a new one last year and two other systems besides. We sold our home on Lake Benedict MN and built on in the Twin Cities metro.

AV theater

In Wall System

2 Channel System.

I note you have a lot of hard work left before completion. Keep us updated on progress. It is always fun to sees these schemes progress!

Y

Yovwmon

Enthusiast
Some updated pics from this evening, ceiling finally coming together, got the height speakers installed.266AF37C-383C-4A2D-9EE1-0013B2ABF280.jpeg28A46065-1FCC-4445-B158-DCEAE201B5CF.jpegF799FFF4-DB66-4E3E-8BED-D5CC9C30851A.jpeg82D90020-2AEA-4A02-8BD1-20361E72DF67.jpegA3ACD8B1-C60C-4A18-B7D9-EC07908DB57A.jpegC4EDAB0C-8D57-4D70-B658-2ED2E16D68C3.jpeg

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Y

Yovwmon

Enthusiast
I finished the flooring this evening, so excited at the way things are coming together.

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis