Kenny Rogers... RIP

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Saw this too. I also grew up with Kenny Rogers, as I’m many of us did. Although sad, he did make it to 81. I’d say that’s a pretty good run. He just seemed like one of those guys that would love forever.
R. I. P.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Woke up hearing this on NPR. I recently bought his greatest hits on vinyl. What a treat it sounded so good. One of my faves from the 80s. Anyone here try his chicken restaurant? I never did. RIHP

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
As a child I listened to his music and what I remember best all those decades later is that he was pretty good at whistling.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My first ever favorite adult song was "The Gambler". I was completely blown away when he was set to perform it on... The Muppet Show!

I was just a little kid, but I was so eager for that episode to air, then was a little disappointed that a Muppet sang all the gambler parts, lol.

My mom loved him so she had plenty of his tapes. I literally grew up listening to him. RIP Kenny.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
My mom loved him so she had plenty of his tapes. I literally grew up listening to him. RIP Kenny.
My Dad's night-stand drawer is where he kept all his Cassettes. It was a veritable "Adult Contemporary" playground. Among the Seals and Croft, English Dan &John Ford Colly, Billy Joel, Captain and Tenielle, Bee Gees, Pointer Sisters, Jim Croce, old K-Tel compilation tapes... there was a Kenny Rogers or two.
I don't remember exactly when I started breaking away from the fold, so to speak, but somewhere there in the early-mid 80's is when I started developing my own tastes.
Early High School saw me introduced to Classic Rock and Depeche Mode. That really made their heads spin! :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My Dad's night-stand drawer is where he kept all his Cassettes. It was a veritable "Adult Contemporary" playground. Among the Seals and Croft, English Dan &John Ford Colly, Billy Joel, Captain and Tenielle, Bee Gees, Pointer Sisters, Jim Croce, old K-Tel compilation tapes... there was a Kenny Rogers or two.
I don't remember exactly when I started breaking away from the fold, so to speak, but somewhere there in the early-mid 80's is when I started developing my own tastes.
Early High School saw me introduced to Classic Rock and Depeche Mode. That really made their heads spin! :p
Ah, the K-Tel compilation tapes! I had a few of those when I was about 10 (High Energy, Full Tilt, Rock 80...) and started developing my own tastes. Once I heard AC/DC (mom belonged to a tape club and would sometimes let me pick one) it was all over. I fell in love with the heavy side of music and have been ever since. My tastes have expanded a bit as I've grown older but if you stick me on an island it's gonna be the heavy stuff!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Plus he has one of the better songs made as applicable to our current situation (and by far my favorite of his stuff):

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Plus he has one of the better songs made as applicable to our current situation (and by far my favorite of his stuff):
Nice! Totally forget that is him; something I'm reminded of every few years or so.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I totally forgot that was Kenny Rogers too! I haven't heard that song in forever!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis