Need help to revive bluetooth speaker...not sure if this is the right thread for this

J

JustinC

Audiophyte
Hello everyone... I looking for advice to repair or possibly swap out components in my toolbox bluetooth speaker. It's a Snap On KRA4059 bluetooth speaker. I paid alot of money for it and I grown attached to it, but it stopped passing audio thru the speakers. It has an aux connection as well but even that has seemed to stop working. I know the speakers work because when you turn it on a preset recording is played thru the speakers. My devices will connect via bluetooth but will not produce sound. I wasnt sure if this was the right thread for this question.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well you now have a nice Snap On tool box.

Obviously something bad has happened to the preamp/processor most likely. Since there is no sound from any speaker it probably is not a power amp but could be.

That type of consumer product built by robot with surface mounted components is not really serviceable. So you would have to replace the internal "guts" even if they are available. It is very unlikely this is worth repair or even possible. Your best bet is to buy a Blue tooth contractors radio.

I think it was unwise to purchase electronics in a tool box. That is a harsh environment for electronics. So keep your tool box and entertainment separated in future.

You don't want "All your eggs in one basket" as they say.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Well you now have a nice Snap On tool box.

Obviously something bad has happened to the preamp/processor most likely. Since there is no sound from any speaker it probably is not a power amp but could be.

That type of consumer product built by robot with surface mounted components is not really serviceable. So you would have to replace the internal "guts" even if they are available. It is very unlikely this is worth repair or even possible. Your best bet is to buy a Blue tooth contractors radio.

I think it was unwise to purchase electronics in a tool box. That is a harsh environment for electronics. So keep your tool box and entertainment separated in future.

You don't want "All your eggs in one basket" as they say.
In other words, are you saying we shouldn't sh*t where we listen?
1584627729850.png

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
double entendres should be the new word of the day. (yeah, I can read. its two words).

J

JustinC

Audiophyte
Never underestimate the skills of someone you dont know...

J

JustinC

Audiophyte
Small hi fi digital amplifier, a power adapter, and some wire...10 mins of labor and it works again, but thanks for not taking me seriously....oh and by the way I'm a master diesel tech and theres no way in the world that small box would fit the mountain of tools I have to do my job just thought maybe with all the experts on this forum I could learn something but ehhh waste of time I guess. Oh and the best part only 25 bucks for the amp.

H

hilarlee

Audiophyte
I have the same Snap-On box amp that died. Bought a 50+ x 2 Bluetooth power amp from E-bay for $12. Works perfectly!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis