5.1 soundbar advice please.

S

sut

Audiophyte
hi guys

i am looking to change my sound bar. i currently have the yamaha yas-207 and must be honest i am not impressed i find 3 mian issues
the voice dialogue seems drowned out a lot of times especially when listen to sports commentary
the volume seems low when listening to music

and the surround sound effect dont seem that great.

i have it connected to a samsung q9 tv via hdmi to the one connect box these tvs come with so i would expect the setup to be the best it can. ( i.e i have done nothing wrong )

to this end i am looking for a new better, louder, clearer, sounds soundbar. either 5.1 or 7.1

i was looking at the JBL Bar 5.1 or the Yamaha YSP 2700. i was looking at these as they seem good and i would have wires hung around my house.

Can you tell me your thoughts on these 2 what 1 best and will suit my needs best please, or maybe recommend a system that is better. I know very little about sound bars so any help would be great thank you.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well, not many of us here have a lot of experience with soundbars. A few do like @JTFVegas and he is a fan of klipsch models and is waiting for later this year for what I believe is going to be their flagship.

IMO, a discrete system will always be better but many do not want to pull wires, and mount/position speakers etc, or even have room. So if it’s definitely a soundbar you’re after, maybe Vegas will chime in. @Soundman I think is another one.
If you are interested in an AVR and speakers etc were definitely willing to talk about that too.

Last edited:
JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
What William says is true.
Simply put, there is no replacement for direct placement. No soundbar can offer true 360 degree 3 dimensional imaging.
However, that dosent mean that we; the those of us that cant run dedicated drivers, cant enjoy home theatre.
I have a 15 old Yamaha Digital Sound Projector, the YSP 1000, and to this day Im tickled by its performance. Mind you there is no rear fill, and no height effect, but the soundstage is very wide and incredibly lifelike. Sometimes I find myself turning my head at panning cues in the soundtrack, only to remind myself that this is not real! Its only a movie Jon. Lol
My point being, that soundbars can be very entertaining.
That being said, I think the forthcoming Bar 54 from Kplisch will be interesting to say the least.
It will be manufactured by a reputable audio company with a history steeped in quality. It will come in a handsome cabinet, offer 2 height channels, 2 seperate rear channels (also possibly with 2 upward firing drivers) and a wireless (although I believe theres a dedicated sub pre out on the soundbar itself) 12 inch subwoofer. Ive also heard that theyre thinking about doing a .2 configuration (at an additional cost) which would offer 2 12 inch subwoofers.
The Bar 54 should come to market later this year with a price point of around 1,500 USD.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Like many here I'm, generally anti-sound bar as an upgrade over the TV speakers.

That said not all sound bars get pushed around...one sound bar I would buy if I had no other option and I really wanted to improve my TV audio.

The Golden Ear Super Cinema 3D X & XL...coupled with the sub...this was the most impressed I've been by a sound bar, especially the XL....SPL, and imaging were the most impressive traits, but these babies are not cheap...$1100 to $1750 for the XL. Plus the sub...another $500 to $700.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Like many here I'm, generally anti-sound bar as an upgrade over the TV speakers.

That said not all sound bars get pushed around...one sound bar I would buy if I had no other option and I really wanted to improve my TV audio.

The Golden Ear Super Cinema 3D X & XL...coupled with the sub...this was the most impressed I've been by a sound bar, especially the XL....SPL, and imaging were the most impressive traits, but these babies are not cheap...$1100 to $1750 for the XL. Plus the sub...another $500 to $700.
No height effect tho on those models tho, right?

C

Chris in Dallas

Junior Audioholic
hi guys

i am looking to change my sound bar. i currently have the yamaha yas-207 and must be honest i am not impressed i find 3 mian issues
the voice dialogue seems drowned out a lot of times especially when listen to sports commentary
the volume seems low when listening to music

and the surround sound effect dont seem that great.

i have it connected to a samsung q9 tv via hdmi to the one connect box these tvs come with so i would expect the setup to be the best it can. ( i.e i have done nothing wrong )

to this end i am looking for a new better, louder, clearer, sounds soundbar. either 5.1 or 7.1

i was looking at the JBL Bar 5.1 or the Yamaha YSP 2700. i was looking at these as they seem good and i would have wires hung around my house.

Can you tell me your thoughts on these 2 what 1 best and will suit my needs best please, or maybe recommend a system that is better. I know very little about sound bars so any help would be great thank you.
I was entertaining this idea once but decided to go discreet equipment
Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 Channel 1000W Dolby Atmos Soundbar with Dual 10" Subwoofes (Wireless) & 4 Rear Surround Effects Speakers. Enjoy Plug and Play Explosive Bass & High End Cinema Surround https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HHZ94BW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HtgwEbMQGK47V

they have several models this one being the flagship I believe

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis