Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
My thinner cables and speakers , iPhone charger.
for speakers and other thin stuff .

18 -14 awg speaker cables .
Diy protectors ?
Cheapest good quality ones to buy ?
All my current stuff is for power cords got nothing for speaker wires and thinner gauge cables .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. I have never heard of cable protectors or why one would need them since I have been in this hobby starting in 1971. Maybe you could be more specific.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. I have never heard of cable protectors or why one would need them since I have been in this hobby starting in 1971. Maybe you could be more specific.
I’ve always used them for larger cables was wondering any specific ones that worked well with thinner cables . So speaker cables do not need anything?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Protect them from what?
Massive amounts of dust ...
Running them from basement .
Nails ... wear and tear .
I don’t have enough large gauge cables I’d prefer to run those but I’m out down to 16awg.

I was going to run some speaker wire from receiver threw basement to rear speakers .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So these wires will be in motion or something? Protection from nails you might hammer into the cables, not much will help with that. You might think of running the wire thru conduit, tho.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
So these wires will be in motion or something? Protection from nails you might hammer into the cables, not much will help with that. You might think of running the wire thru conduit, tho.
There thin gauge cables , not very durable .. no I wont hammer fresh nails into cable . What type of stupid question is that ?
Might be cheaper just to wrap electrical tape around them ...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There thin gauge cables , not very durable .. no I wont hammer fresh nails into cable . What type of stupid question is that ?

Oh I can't compete with your stupid questions for sure. I'm an amateur compared to you....

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
To be fair you do ask a lot of stupid questions yourself.

Don't these cables already have insulation on them? That should be more than enough to protect them from dust and being run through the wall. Wire loom is typically meant for applications where there will be movement of the wire against metal surfaces. Think cars, computer cases, etc.

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Wire loom is mainly for dress up and wire management and protection especially in automotive uses. Dust and the like do not degrade speaker wire. For in wall speaker wiring there is a specific wire used for that application. Amazon and many other places sell it. For cables like HDMI and others most use wire conduit

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
My thinner cables and speakers , iPhone charger.
for speakers and other thin stuff .

18 -14 awg speaker cables .
Diy protectors ?
Cheapest good quality ones to buy ?
All my current stuff is for power cords got nothing for speaker wires and thinner gauge cables .

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
What type of stupid question is that ?
Wow !! lovin tried to respectfully answer you and your stupidity just marches on, good luck with your continued ignorance ..............

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Massive amounts of dust ...
Running them from basement .
Nails ... wear and tear .
I don’t have enough large gauge cables I’d prefer to run those but I’m out down to 16awg.

I was going to run some speaker wire from receiver threw basement to rear speakers .

;)
Dust is not an issue. Running from basement should not be an issue either and why would nails be an issue? If cable runs through a stud, drill hole in center.
Wear and tear just sitting around? There are wires in homes for a very long time. Not one changed positions on their own.
Don't run cables where one might walk on them in the attic. closed walls should be very safe.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
;)
Dust is not an issue. Running from basement should not be an issue either and why would nails be an issue? If cable runs through a stud, drill hole in center.
Wear and tear just sitting around? There are wires in homes for a very long time. Not one changed positions on their own.
Don't run cables where one might walk on them in the attic. closed walls should be very safe.
Maybe I’m just over worried about nothingness lmao ... Fail
There is a old cable there from analog days are those useful for anything?
In that case THEN I JUST NEED a GUIDE or something to keep it from getting stuck stuck or something?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Maybe I’m just over worried about nothingness lmao ... Fail
There is a old cable there from analog days are those useful for anything?
In that case THEN I JUST NEED a GUIDE or something to keep it from getting stuck stuck or something?
Is that old cable for speaker or an interconnect? If the insulation or outer jacket in good shape, it will work for the same function as before.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Is that old cable for speaker or an interconnect? If the insulation or outer jacket in good shape, it will work for the same function as before.
It’s a old cable box cable just sitting there unplugged. If I moved it out of the way I could fit more cables there .

I don’t think they make cheap cable protector for speaker wire but I can check Home Depot . Does the plastic on the speaker wire do an adequate enough job I may just use it and not worry about damages .

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It’s a old cable box cable just sitting there unplugged. If I moved it out of the way I could fit more cables there .

I don’t think they make cheap cable protector for speaker wire but I can check Home Depot . Does the plastic on the speaker wire do an adequate enough job I may just use it and not worry about damages .
It you are not exposing the cables to physical assaults, it will be just fine.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
It you are not exposing the cables to physical assaults, it will be just fine.
What are those cable covers I see used on in wall speaker wires ??? I’ve got one speaker wire a short 3 foot protector on it .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis