Should I go with PSA ?

L

loganschleich17

Audioholic Intern
Hello, I am building a living room/ theater for almost all movie use. My room is 15w x22L with vaulted ceilings that slant, the highest part of the ceiling is 17ft. I really like the PSA line up. Great sensitivity so my denon 3400 can play easy with little distortion, great dynamic range, they seem like a good choice for HT and tv and sports.
So I just wanted to reach out to make sure I was not missing something else. I’d like this purchase to last for years. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hello, I am building a living room/ theater for almost all movie use. My room is 15w x22L with vaulted ceilings that slant, the highest part of the ceiling is 17ft. I really like the PSA line up. Great sensitivity so my denon 3400 can play easy with little distortion, great dynamic range, they seem like a good choice for HT and tv and sports.
So I just wanted to reach out to make sure I was not missing something else. I’d like this purchase to last for years. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just built a home theater room and am unhappy with my side surrounds and rears and in researching came across them as well

I like there approach to there speaker designs just big dynamic high sensitivity realistic on frequency response they are not trying to chase the low end designing them more for integration with a sub no b.s. type of speakers.

There are a lot of happy owners I can tell you that I've done my research on owners opinions over at AVS

I reached out to Tom he's very responsive I appreciate the customer service vibe I'm already getting so I'd say reach out to him explain your goals with the room and see if you want to go from there

He's great about responding to customers I can vouch for that

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Also he has a pretty generous return policy so you've got nothing to lose by trying them out good luck on this!

Definetly share with us your experience with his speakers if you go with him I for one am very intrigued in any feedback you would provide

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I would be looking at some Klipsch RP-8000Fs. They look nicer, they have a far more advanced waveguide, they will have a much more neutral response. They aren't quite as sensitive, but you will never push them to their limit anyway. If you can spend a bit more, look at the new JTR Noesis 110HT. Its compression guide driver is just state-of-the-art. Its hard to believe JTR charges so little for a speaker that has such a high-end driver and crossover. A review may be forthcoming.

J

JStewart

Audioholic Intern
It's closer but still a ways off. We have the review samples in hand but haven't measured them yet.
You said “samples”. Any other JTR models too? Or would you need to rent a small crane 1st to get them onto the measuring platform? :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Or would you need to rent a small crane 1st to get them onto the measuring platform?
Shady!!! My invitation stands: Anything large, AH-West is here for you guys!!! :) Just ship it to me, and arrange the dates for when you come out: We got the tractor with the lift attachment and a large open flat field... And a little house with a bed in it! :D

So don't hesitate in getting a set of Noesis 215RTs, k.

:cool:

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You said “samples”. Any other JTR models too? Or would you need to rent a small crane 1st to get them onto the measuring platform? :)
There may be JTR subwoofer reviews in the future. As for speakers, Audioholics might possibly review others, but I probably won't be handling them, since, as you say, I would need a crane to measure them.

J

JStewart

Audioholic Intern
There may be JTR subwoofer reviews in the future. As for speakers, Audioholics might possibly review others, but I probably won't be handling them, since, as you say, I would need a crane to measure them.
Thanks! Will continue to look forward to your review of the 110HT.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis