S

swheel

Enthusiast
Hi,

First of all, sorry for the 303123012 message like the previous ones. I am just starting in this world and I want to buy my first equipment, so it would be great if you guys could recommend.
I will play music mainly from digital/streaming sources (pc, tidal, network server) and planning to buy a record player in the future as I have a large collection of electronic music vinyls.
I don't have any equipment right now, so I would need advice for amp, speakers and maybe a network streamer or some solution of a network streamer with an incorporated amp.

Room: 3,5 metres x 3 metres.
Music: Electronic, trip hop, jazz and sometimes indie/rock
Budget: 1200-1300$, but if it's less I will be happy

Thank you very much guys, I appreciate any advice.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi,

First of all, sorry for the 303123012 message like the previous ones. I am just starting in this world and I want to buy my first equipment, so it would be great if you guys could recommend.
I will play music mainly from digital/streaming sources (pc, tidal, network server) and planning to buy a record player in the future as I have a large collection of electronic music vinyls.
I don't have any equipment right now, so I would need advice for amp, speakers and maybe a network streamer or some solution of a network streamer with an incorporated amp.

Room: 3,5 metres x 3 metres.
Music: Electronic, trip hop, jazz and sometimes indie/rock
Budget: 1200-1300$, but if it's less I will be happy

Thank you very much guys, I appreciate any advice.
Where are you located?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Everett,

I am from Spain. I went to a hifi retailer yesterday, the guy recommended marantz + dynaudio emit m10, but I read some not really good opinions here, so I want advice to decide.

Thank you
With your music taste I'd be looking at bookshelves and a small sub. For amplification look at mid level AVRs like the like the one I linked. More features for your money even with the additional amp channels, which covers streaming services. Also with a sub you get bass management.

What brands are available to you?

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Not sure what wouldnt be good but the m10 might be a bit small unless you are getting a subwoofer soon also. If no sub planned soon its probably a good idea to go a little bigger to a 6 1/2” woofer at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
With your music taste I'd be looking at bookshelves and a small sub. For amplification look at mid level AVRs like the like the one I linked. More features for your money even with the additional amp channels, which covers streaming services. Also with a sub you get bass management.

An AVR instead of a 2ch integrated is also something to check out but we dont(or very rarely) have the massive price cuts on AVRs here in europe like you do in the US so the gap between the 2ch integrateds and AVRs isnt nearly as big so OP just needs to make sure hes got the features he needs. I dont live in spain but its not known for a lot of Hi-Fi.

S

swheel

Enthusiast

Not sure what wouldnt be good but the m10 might be a bit small unless you are getting a subwoofer soon also. If no sub planned soon its probably a good idea to go a little bigger to a 6 1/2” woofer at least.

@everettT
Some brands available: Dynaudio, yamaha, kef, cambridge, onkyo, marantz, b&w, tannoy, teac, proac, arcam, bose, sonus faber, spendor, jbl, focal. I think I can find any major brand, maybe not the same models available in USA, but the most common.

Couldn't find those speakers available here. ¿any other options?

@Leemix thank you, I will take in count,

Maybe the sub is too much for a room of that size ¿?

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Might be you dont need a sub with that size room but a speaker with only a single 5” woofer wont give a lot of bass at all but at 6”+ it will fill out more, especially in a moderately sized room. (Unless you want a sub)

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
A nice 5 inch will probably sound very good but its usually a fairly small price increase to slightly larger compared to feeling you need a sub.

And if you have the opportunity and it seems you do, make sure you listen to the speakers a couple of times before deciding, also at a much lower volume than what the salespeople crank up because you rarely play that loud at home.

S

swheel

Enthusiast
A nice 5 inch will probably sound very good but its usually a fairly small price increase to slightly larger compared to feeling you need a sub.

And if you have the opportunity and it seems you do, make sure you listen to the speakers a couple of times before deciding, also at a much lower volume than what the salespeople crank up because you rarely play that loud at home.
I found the emit m10 sound light at lower volumes... maybe it’s a good idea to buy a sub, you are right. ¿Any recommendation available in Europe?

¿What about the av and amp?

Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
I found the emit m10 sound light at lower volumes... maybe it’s a good idea to buy a sub, you are right. ¿Any recommendation available in Europe?

¿What about the av and amp?

Thanks

We perceive bass a lot less at low volume so unless there is some boost that will be true of everything including a sub unless running a little hot, which is very easy to do but many amps also have some EQ abilities so should be good.

Did you listen to a little bigger speaker also to compare?

I dont really have any specific recommendations, just trying to give some good general advice which can hopefully help you in your search.

S

swheel

Enthusiast
With TripHop as a musical genre, I'd want a sub. This is the dealer for SVS, which the sb1000 would be good for your room size.

Do you have Canton available?
That was the store I went on yesterday.

That model costs 600€ (700$) too much for the budget, I would need two speakers and the amp/av receiver

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
That was the store I went on yesterday.

That model costs 600€ (700$) too much for the budget, I would need two speakers and the amp/av receiver

They still have good bookshelves to add to the SVS. The Wharferdale Diamonds are an example.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
A sub is easily something you can get at a later date also if you make sure the amp has bass management.

S

swheel

Enthusiast
They still have good bookshelves to add to the SVS. The Wharferdale Diamonds are an example.

¿What about this combo?

https://www.supersonido.es/p/yamaha-rx-v485/ (I think is the same model as the rx-v483 you sent previously)

¿I should add a separate amp or will sound good with the av with integrated amp?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
¿What about this combo?

https://www.supersonido.es/p/yamaha-rx-v485/ (I think is the same model as the rx-v483 you sent previously)

¿I should add a separate amp or will sound good with the av with integrated amp?
The 483 works, the Denon X200x series, etc. AVRs have adjustable bass management, and streaming options.

This is in your budget range, just make a trip back to the store and listen to the Warferdales (well reviewed) and a couple of others in that range. The sub will work with any speakers.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
What price would you be able to get the marantz nr1200 for?

S

swheel

Enthusiast
What price would you be able to get the marantz nr1200 for?
@Leemix
Just the marantz 749€, marantz + emit m10 1175€

I saw this other options with discount:
DENON AVR-X1600H @ 419€ / 2600h @549€
YAMAHA RX-V485 @344€

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis