None of you are true Audiophiles...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thank f’n dog! I was worried I was getting a little too... bourge-y!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I think Oliver and Lisa had on one of those on the old TV show Green Acres. Theirs even had a telephone attached! :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yep you can tell who has one in front of their home the street light bulb is very dimly lit or it’s blinks really fast

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Yep you can tell who has one in front of their home the street light bulb is very dimly lit or it’s blinks really fast
Remember soft whites can make you look orange, (insert Seinfeld quote).

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have to assume the Japanese do are not into double-blind tests for objective evaluation!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have reached out to these people and we have had a productive discussion, and we have some good news for everyone: very soon we will be running a review of some of these audiophile utility poles, in fact we are going to have a audiophile utility pole shoot-out: which is the best utility pole for your sound system? Stay tuned to Audioholics for all your audiophile utility pole information needs!

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I’m definitely not an Audiophile. I don’t even use Audiophile cable risers “yet”.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Why not go all the way and have a three phase line run the power in. No more silly sine wave AC troughs with power loss. I have built a special amplifier specifically designed for three phase power for a mere $125K.

Nothing shows a fool and his money are soon parted like an audiophool.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I have reached out to these people and we have had a productive discussion, and we have some good news for everyone: very soon we will be running a review of some of these audiophile utility poles, in fact we are going to have a audiophile utility pole shoot-out: which is the best utility pole for your sound system? Stay tuned to Audioholics for all your audiophile utility pole information needs!
This only makes sense... but really complicates things. What type of pole, length of the line, the transformer, the household mains and other associated circuits, and the synergy between all of that, the electronics, AND the speakers!
We all know that Boston acoustic and Marantz is a match made in heaven, but what pole to pair with those?!!!

Shady, you need to prioritize this. I'm losin' sleep already, and it hasn't even been a full day since you posted!

:eek::rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:
CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I’m glad to see they are using wooden poles because I find that the metal power poles make my Klipsch based system sound bright and harsh. The wood poles also bring out the chocolatey midrange we chase after. The creosote must dampen the harmonics somehow.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, that's been making the rounds for a few years now. They definitely have some obsessed "audiophiles" over there...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, that's been making the rounds for a few years now. They definitely have some obsessed "audiophiles" over there...
AND, they're the only ones getting the JBL Studio 6 line! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Maybe those speakers only sound good when powered by special poles.
*shrugs
:p

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I had to google, not backing this guy per his claims in the article, however, it seems as though Japan's power grid is a pos. Would be curious to see if others have done this aside from magical musicality gains. That aside, this is just mind numbing.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well don't all laugh at once. I had a power pole replaced back in November 2008. Things were not right and it was affecting audio and especially upsetting the UPS systems.

The reason was this.

As you can see the power I was receiving was distorted and clipped. The THD was well outside the limits allowed by law.

So I had a new power pole installed. Did wonders for the system! There were no problems after that the wave form was perfect. But because of having to cut down trees on our drive way I paid for the line to be buried and that required a new transformer yet again. But I never had a problem again with a distorted AC wave from the power company.

I made sure they used a big enough transformer though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis