Lg plasma ? Junk or no ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
How hard is fixing the internal parts of a plasma ?
Junk or worth fixing?
That’s a Keeper lol wonder if it’s power supply failure , if it worked I’d go get it .... are plasma hard to fix ?
Need to get a cheap soldiering tool to fix my pc speakers soon anyways .
I never see working plasmas free around me , so if it’s something just loose inside the tv easy to fix might be worth it . If not then forget it !!
Any better sites for finding free electronics ones that maybe work this time ?

Reptilians invading in year 2027
Tesla spoken to them

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
No offense meant, but if you have no electronic diagnostic or repair experience, it's probably not worth wasting your time on.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
No offense meant, but if you have no electronic diagnostic or repair experience, it's probably not worth wasting your time on.
What could it cost so much to fix power supply it’s not worth bothering ?
Screen does not look broken , do parts need to be from the same brand ?

I mean I’ve fixed some of my speakers before but not fixed any displays , ablest not in a while .
If it’s not a good tv model it’s probably not worth bothering .

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Not working =JUNK..

It’s that simple
Do you see people giving away working plasma free ? I could just wait and see .
Guess I don’t need more junk

K if it was a Panasonic might be worth it but lg plasma just too unreliable? Plus cost of fixing could just buy a working lcd ?

Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You sure there too complex. ? Well if it’s more turn just power supply yeah . Maybe best bet to wait til I see something working free

Tesla spoken to them

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Where are you gonna put it? Did you run it by your mom yet? I think you should be asking her, not us.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Where are you gonna put it? Did you run it by your mom yet? I think you should be asking her, not us.
Good point then answer would be a no .

Those drivers need replaced .
That was a old pic from a forum I no longer use / turns out the gel super glue was not flexible like the loctite , if I had just bought fabric glue like I was told it would have worked .

Tesla spoken to them

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Kingnoob, in all honesty if you were in close vicinity to me, I would just give you a TV. But I think you would still have a problem.
I don't want to offend you buddy, but I think you have a Hoarder issue going on. So no matter what you get, I don't feel as your need to acquire more stuff will ever end. So maybe it's time to do a spring cleaning so to speak. This will help you and your mom out.

Up until about 2 years ago I had acquired so much audio stuff I couldn't possibly use it all. Not junk by any means, but still to much stuff. After I got onto my mother for holding on to stuff for umpteen years and was never going to use it again. I realized, oh my god, if i'm not careful I will end up doing the same damn thing. So I sold off some of the more expensive stuff. Then I gave away other equipment to some younger people who I knew would actually use it right now.

Audio listening is a great and wonderful hobby, but just like any other hobby, it can get really expensive. And before you know it, you have more stuff than you really need or can use.
So don't worry about what the next guy has and trying to keep up with Jones's so to speak. Take your time, save up a little money and find you some gear that you can enjoy. No need to fill your or your mothers house with useless junk, that will only lead to more headache than it's worth.

I hope you take in what I had to say as friendly advice. It was not meant to offend you in any way.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Kingnoob, in all honesty if you were in close vicinity to me, I would just give you a TV. But I think you would still have a problem.
I don't want to offend you buddy, but I think you have a Hoarder issue going on. So no matter what you get, I don't feel as your need to acquire more stuff will ever end. So maybe it's time to do a spring cleaning so to speak. This will help you and your mom out.

Up until about 2 years ago I had acquired so much audio stuff I couldn't possibly use it all. Not junk by any means, but still to much stuff. After I got onto my mother for holding on to stuff for umpteen years and was never going to use it again. I realized, oh my god, if i'm not careful I will end up doing the same damn thing. So I sold off some of the more expensive stuff. Then I gave away other equipment to some younger people who I knew would actually use it right now.

Audio listening is a great and wonderful hobby, but just like any other hobby, it can get really expensive. And before you know it, you have more stuff than you really need or can use.
So don't worry about what the next guy has and trying to keep up with Jones's so to speak. Take your time, save up a little money and find you some gear that you can enjoy. No need to fill your or your mothers house with useless junk, that will only lead to more headache than it's worth.

I hope you take in what I had to say as friendly advice. It was not meant to offend you in any way.
Yeah I figured why bother getting anymore stuff , what’s a the best way to sell useless speaker you have laying about. ? No luck on Facebook , or letgo so far . Only a pair of car speakers sold that needed repair ... and a damaged roku tv .

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Plasma takes up lot less space then a tube tv zz
It’s not a hoarding , horsing issue , but yeah if lg is a low end brand of plasma that enough would warrant not bothering . I need to get a job and save ,’eventually will see a good deal on something that works .

Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Plasma takes up lot less space then a tube tv zz
It’s not a hoarding , horsing issue , but yeah if lg is a low end brand of plasma that enough would warrant not bothering . I need to get a job and save ,’eventually will see a good deal on something that works .

Tesla spoken to them
You have a dozen threads asking us what you should do with all your junk. I think it's a hoarding issue...

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You have a dozen threads asking us what you should do with all your junk. I think it's a hoarding issue...
Guess so but not sure we’re ingot the idea going to obsolete technologies was the answer to watching old movies . Rather then just calibration of my tv being wrong or the type of Blu-ray player I’m using .

Tesla spoken to them

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I agree. I have noticed you don't see a piece of junk you are not attracted to. In all honesty your flooding of these forums with posts and questions about this junk is getting old.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I agree. I have noticed you don't see a piece of junk you are not attracted to. In all honesty your flooding of these forums with posts and questions about this junk is getting old.
Should I just focus on stuff I already have ,? I just wanted to know Incase I saw something good free . Worth fixing ..
Are led better reliability wise ? Should I just stick to led or lcd ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Should I just focus on stuff I already have ,? I just wanted to know Incase I saw something good free . Worth fixing ..
Are led better reliability wise ? Should I just stick to led or lcd ?

I think you should stick to gear that works, unless you can be 100% certain you know what is wrong with it and what it will cost to put it right. Modern electronics is very hard and expensive to fix. The boards usually have robotically placed surface components that humans can not work with. So if the board you need is NLA which seems to be often the case you have junk you have to pay to get rid off, at least you do round here.

Plasmas do tend to have a finite number of hours of operation. I suspect but don't know for sure that LED TVs do have a longer life or can have. A Sony LED TV I bought for the lake in 2006 never gave trouble and I left it for the new owners, and I believe it to still be working.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I think you should stick to gear that works, unless you can be 100% certain you know what is wrong with it and what it will cost to put it right. Modern electronics is very hard and expensive to fix. The boards usually have robotically placed surface components that humans can not work with. So if the board you need is NLA which seems to be often the case you have junk you have to pay to get rid off, at least you do round here.

Plasmas do tend to have a finite number of hours of operation. I suspect but don't know for sure that LED TVs do have a longer life or can have. A Sony LED TV I bought for the lake in 2006 never gave trouble and I left it for the new owners, and I believe it to still be working.
Yeah I’ll leave it to the experts to deal with damaged broken, plasmas . I just wanted them for tv parts, Incase something fails on one of my TVs .
My dad led tv got lines in the screen but was after very heavy usage .

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Never buy electronic parts for devices you don't own. Unless you run a repair shop, then you'll just be a hoarder.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis