LG C9 - E ARC with Yamaha AVR A870

R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
Hi

I currently have a 65 Inch LG Oled C8 paired with Yamaha Aventage A870.

Due to the limitations of ARC, i am unable to get Atmos from my AVR ,if i play content tru the LG TV eg NetFlix or any MKV movie played thru the external HDD

If I get the 65 C9 , which has E-ARC, will I then be able to get Atmos f I connect it to the Yamaha AVR, which just recently got the E ARC Update.

Thanks

Rajesh

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi

I currently have a 65 Inch LG Oled C8 paired with Yamaha Aventage A870.

Due to the limitations of ARC, i am unable to get Atmos from my AVR ,if i play content tru the LG TV eg NetFlix or any MKV movie played thru the external HDD

If I get the 65 C9 , which has E-ARC, will I then be able to get Atmos f I connect it to the Yamaha AVR, which just recently got the E ARC Update.

Thanks

Rajesh
You could purchase a streaming media player and save some money if you are happy with the current display otherwise.

R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
You could purchase a streaming media player and save some money if you are happy with the current display otherwise.
Thank you. I am happy with my current C8 65 .So do I buy the streaming player and connect to the AVR straightaway and is there any media player with a USB port that will allow me to play my 7.1 / Atmos content . asking since Sony UBP X800 is unable to read those files. It is a big pain to TMUX them to play. Thanks

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you. I am happy with my current C8 65 .So do I buy the streaming player and connect to the AVR straightaway and is there any media player with a USB port that will allow me to play my 7.1 / Atmos content . asking since Sony UBP X800 is unable to read those files. It is a big pain to TMUX them to play. Thanks
Nvida sheild is one. I've networked (hardwired) all of my media players so I don't have any HDs at their physical location, just a server in the home office. I'd run it thru the AVR with pass thru and let the display resolve the signal from the player.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis