Good Tower Speaker Advice (Budget 600$ each)

K

Kaz123

Audiophyte
Hello Audioholics,

Any Good Tower speaker you would recommend for front to go with Yamaha RX-A1050. My Budget is 600$ each. I was thinking of KEF Q500 or Monitor Audio Bronze. There are so many speaker brands hard to choose. Also it is hard to audition all the good brands so I need advice on what is a good speaker for my budget.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
JBL 590s go on sale periodically for about $450-500 each. Maybe Emotiva's new T2+, or snag a pair of the T2 on closeout...

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hello Audioholics,

Any Good Tower speaker you would recommend for front to go with Yamaha RX-A1050. My Budget is 600$ each. I was thinking of KEF Q500 or Monitor Audio Bronze. There are so many speaker brands hard to choose. Also it is hard to audition all the good brands so I need advice on what is a good speaker for my budget.
I like the JBL solution when it presents. It's a really good speaker at regular price.

You can find KEF for good prices

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
KEF and Monitor are solid brands. The JBL Studio 500 towers are a steal when on sale. I also like the Klipsch RP-8000F in this price range.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
KEF and Monitor are solid brands. The JBL Studio 500 towers are a steal when on sale. I also like the Klipsch RP-8000F in this price range.
You mean 590s or any of the 570/580/590 range? Having the 580s and 590s, I'd prefer the 590s.

jgstudios

jgstudios

Audioholic Intern
I concur, the JBL 590s are a great deal. I love mine. They sound fantastic and look gorgeous. I wish they came in cherry.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I concur, the JBL 590s are a great deal. I love mine. They sound fantastic and look gorgeous. I wish they came in cherry.
Yeah, never even saw a cherry option sale or no....except in pictures :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Hello Audioholics,

If you can stretch another $50 each -- then you can buy the higher-end Canton Vento speakers
The last pair sold each and new in the box -- a serious good price

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
I'd also look at the Dali Oberon 7, which are very easy on the eye. I think they go for about $1,400/pair msrp. I've heard them at audio shows and they are pretty impressive. I like the way they have two 7" woofers, which allows for some serious bass out of this size tower. And the mids and highs were very good as well.

DSC_0036 by MDTshots, on Flickr

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
Martin Logan Motion 40 should be available in BB/Magnolia for demo.. I recently heard them..,really liked it. Fantastic reproduction of the highs and midrange. I'm not doubting those reviews!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
JBL 590s go on sale periodically for about $450-500 each. Maybe Emotiva's new T2+, or snag a pair of the T2 on closeout...
I like all of those. I'd prolly grab the 590s but the T2+ would get a hard look. Ideally it'd be great to hear both but good luck with that.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If you can stretch another $50 each -- then you can buy the higher-end Canton Vento speakers
The last pair sold each and new in the box -- a serious good price
Worth repeating!
MSRP on these is a little over $3,350/pr.
Currently being closed out at $1,300/pr!
They were replaced by the Vento 876.2 which added cosmetic details like hiding screw heads under trim rings.
I have a pair and they are excellent speakers for this price point!

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis