What sub is best for me?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry for the late reply, but out of all three of those subs would having only one now be an upgrade even the vtf 2 mk5 coming from the dual pro sub 1000s
I believe so, you should get more low end extension with any of the Hsu subs, even compared to two pro sub 1000's

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I believe so, you should get more low end extension with any of the Hsu subs, even compared to two pro sub 1000's
Agreed. I think if properly placed one excellent sub can be integrated well enough to make up for multiple mediocre subs. Covering multiple seats would be a problem but in the meantime till the second excellent sub shows up, the money seat goes to the guy building the system! Maybe he could share at demo time...

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Wish you had seen the Outlaw sale that went until Jan 3rd, you could have snagged two X12's or a single X13 for $1k shipped and been set!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Def Tech Pro Subs are probably best suited for a small room.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have always been told to upgrade my subs, do you think I will notice much of a change if I got new subs.
Thanks for the reply.
Omg yes!

You sound like me when I decided to upgrade my subs. Hesitant, keep it cheap as possible... I hem-hawed around for a couple of weeks while these guys worked me over and ended up significantly over budget. I have a large room tho and now realize anything less would have left me still wanting more and I probably would have gone through the same process all over again. In your case I like the pair of VTF-2 MK5s (dual drive package price is for 2). They should be able to handle your space and Hsu is about as good as it gets, bang for buck, even paying shipping. I ended up with the big brother to those, the VTF-3 MK5 dual drive package.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, spend it now and make sure you're getting the right size and power for your room. It can get more expensive in the long run if you end up upgrading 1 or 2 more times because you skimped the first time. Of all the components to an audio system I think good subwoofage is the most often underrated and dismissed. Sub-par subwoofage has a sneaky way of introducing distortion to your sound. I say sneaky because you don't really hear it until it's gone. At least that was my experience. Good, clean bass can clean up the sound across your whole system. Once you hear and feel it you'll understand and wonder why it took so long to upgrade.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis