Sub spacing in room

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
So how far apart do subs need to be to not be considered collocates. I don’t have much flexibility in my room and have the in about my only option but they are only 4-5 feet apart but on an angled wall. See picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’d say at least opposite ends of the same wall. Can you shoot pics of the other sides of the room? Actually, I see a lot of congestion around your mains that are probably more of a penalty than where your subs are. What issues are you having with the subs? Can you hear where they’re at?

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Subs are fine. Like you said very congested. And yes I know my mains are not ideal... I’ll snap a few more pics. My wife will not let me down size the large console...been trying for several months to convince her...

I’m contemplating possibly just buying a single sb4000 and selling the two large subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Subs are fine. Like you said very congested. And yes I know my mains are not ideal... I’ll snap a few more pics. My wife will not let me down size the large console...been trying for several months to convince her...

I’m contemplating possibly just buying a single sb4000 and selling the two large subs.

So basically would I lose bass consistency across the room.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What’s your total open room volume... how much space roughly do the subs “see?”

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Are you referring to the rule of thumb about subs located within one quarter wavelength of each other?

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Yes. But more in general.

As far as space goes it opens to whole first floor no ability to seal it off

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Is that your Family Room setup? 2 15" Daytons?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis