Receiver with zone 2 for subwoofer.

J

Jluzzi2

Audiophyte
I’m looking for a new receiver that has the capability to hook up a subwoofer to zone 2. Does such an animal exist?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I’m looking for a new receiver that has the capability to hook up a subwoofer to zone 2. Does such an animal exist?
You could use the zone 2 preouts if you are using speaker level for zone 2. Bass management would have to be with the sub or another dsp unit in the chain.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I can't imagine an AVR at reasonable cost ever having bass management for a Zone 2 because that would require 2 separate DSP's to do the cutoffs for each even if the output was pre-amp level.

Better to send the full range signal out and as mentioned, either add a miniDSP 2x4 to a pre-amp signal or let a speaker-level signal go through a subwoofer that has even a rudimentary cutoff do the work.

J

Jluzzi2

Audiophyte
Thank you for the reply’s. Sorry as I’m not too savvy when it comes to this but would I have to wire my 2 speakers through my subwoofer if I used the zone 2 pre-out?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you for the reply’s. Sorry as I’m not too savvy when it comes to this but would I have to wire my 2 speakers through my subwoofer if I used the zone 2 pre-out?
If you use a pre-out you can add a minidsp (2x4 perhaps) in between the avr and power amp to provide bass management, or other companies' devices that are similar. Your subwoofer usually cannot provide power to speakers except perhaps some HTIB type subs....

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If you are using speaker level from the AVR, no as the sub would take the line level full range.

A little more detail about your equipment and setup would help clarify any confusion.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis