Canton Vento vs Chrono SL (models with ceramic tweeters)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Please respect that.
No can do. I don't have any control over that.

provide a viable explanation for your statement,
... or one will be provided for you. I'll start.

Some well meaning busy body sent him a PM suggesting he 'play nice'. He had a few drinks and got incensed at being told what to do and said to himself, "I'll show you nice" by deleting all his posts. BTDT. I mean once somebody pisses me off, I'm not much interested in contributing to any topic they have an interest in and more often than not, it's people whose know how by far exceeds mine. What kind of gum? Fvck um.

KEW or Keith sounds like you have a real problem with me. Maybe its because I challenged you and you didn’t come out looking great.

I have nothing to prove here or want to muddy up the waters anymore. I was told to get along or move on. Something that has followed me for a couple years. Let’s just say if you want more information we can talk privately.

if I want to just talk to other canton owners I have to be civil. Making people feel bad is not my intention at all. Trying to help is more of what I’m doing. I really can help, I have owned hundreds of speakers.
Total BS. I read through this thread which is of no interest to me because I'm not in the market and have no experience with Canton. You don't understand crossovers at all. Instead of soaking in some pretty basic info, you're spouting nonsense. I quoted your entire post for obvious reasons.

Firstly it's Kurt and it's you who isn't looking great here.

Who said to move along? That sounds like something else you're not willing to substantiate. Whoever said move along, SPEAK UP !!! Crickets ??? NO, no, no ... you stay right here and listen up. Kurt has a problem with BS being presented as fact. It's pretty clear you're not about to try understanding some basic, like really basic stuff and some dolt you sell one of your "hundreds" of speakers to may very well be dazzled by talk but that ain't flying here.

You wanna tell us about the xo slopes on these xo's you're making stuff up about? 1st order? 12 db/octave? Acoustic? Electrical? Phase angles? Yeah, knock yourself out in the deep end of this pool. You think Kurt's not coming out looking great? You just got manspanked by a monkey!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
No answer beyond the red X?

Did you think The Stalker Software was a bluff?

Kurt, tell us where he lives.

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
Really is too bad, trying to stay out of the weeds.

funny how I’ve been told I’m wrong, prove it?

Your post is trying to get me kicked off for saying what I really think. I know for a fact in person you wouldn’t be so disrespectful. You’d know better and couldn’t hide in your moms basement.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Really is too bad, trying to stay out of the weeds.

funny how I’ve been told I’m wrong, prove it?

Your post is trying to get me kicked off for saying what I really think. I know for a fact in person you wouldn’t be so disrespectful. You’d know better and couldn’t hide in your moms basement.
Dude... you just don't seem to know how to talk to people. That's too bad because underneath it all I don't think you're a horrible person.

You've made some posts that betray holes in your knowledge (very obviously) and you were challenged about it. Your inability to give a satisfactory response and deflecting instead of explaining is what's ruffling feathers around here.

Why do you think you're receiving pms from people? Why is someone (close to you?) telling you you need to chill out and play nice? Because everyone else are assholes and you're the only "good guy" in the thread? I didn't receive any pms or advice like that. I'm guessing no one else here did either.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I didn't receive any pms or advice like that. I'm guessing no one else here did either.
Actually I did get a few PMs telling me that an established poster had mental problems and I liked to blame the victim in white van speaker deals for buying what they thought were stolen goods. That didn't go over big. Granted, I was the salesman lying about the speakers being stolen ... F^%&ing sucker born every minute. Don't judge me.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Obviously, you don't know Alex very well. You might be the UFC champion and he might end up getting his ass kicked, but that wouldn't stop him from being disrespectful to you!

Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic
Ok so back to speakers for a second,

Thanks to all for the actual Canton chatter on this thread as well as a few of your personal speaker reviews.

With that info in hand, I jumped on the last pair of white Vento 820.2’s AC4L had as the price on the Ref 9.2’s jumped back up into the, I’d rather put that money into towers price range.
But those 820.2’s looked pretty good for short money.

So I will shortly A&B my current Chrono 502.2 against the Vento 820.2 with the winner taking the much coveted spot on the bedroom dresser.

Thanks for being such excellent audio enablers.

Cheers,
GB

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja

Thanks to all for the actual Canton chatter on this thread as well as a few of your personal speaker reviews.

With that info in hand, I jumped on the last pair of white Vento 820.2’s AC4L had as the price on the Ref 9.2’s jumped back up into the, I’d rather put that money into towers price range.

So I will shortly A&B my current Chrono 502.2 against the Vento 820.2 with the winner taking the much coveted spot on the bedroom dresser.

Cheers,
GB
Congrats! :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

Cheers,
GB
Looking forward to your Chrono-Vento comparison! Those were the first Cantons I bought (and in the same order)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
@Timforhifi , one thing that occurs to me is you keep talking about being respectful and getting along!
You should understand that is not what this is about.
You don't want to be an asshole, but you don't need to be nice to me or anyone here (although that is not a terrible thing).
I don't know how you missed it, but the problem I have with you involves one concept - honesty!

When you make statements like you have about crossovers and Denon AVRs, the people who know about these things recognize it is a false statement. You apologized about the Denon chip amp statement but you are not willing to explain why you said it.

After you make statements like that and cannot offer a rational explanation of your statements, we cannot help but wonder what else you say is not true.
We then have to wonder "Do you really have local Canton dealer? Did Mark really tell you there was a substantial performance difference between the Chrono SL (ceramic) and the Vento before he told me that they were identical except for the cabinets?"
I'm not going to argue these points with you because there is no reasonable way to verify them ... and I cannot trust any "fact" that comes from you. You have eroded your credibility such that anything you say is suspect.

But back to my main point -
This is not about being nice, it is about being honest!

Last edited:
Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic
Looking forward to your Chrono-Vento comparison! Those were the first Cantons I bought (and in the same order)
I’d been looking at the Vento ref 9.2 DC bookshelves for awhile now and just bought the 502.2 as a less expensive entryway to the brand. I like what I hear so far so wanted to step up to the Vento line but without spending a bunch more for the reference line and not having to reassess amplification needs/wants at this time.
I figure I’ll save all that for the future should I one day decide to move into one of their towers.

I’m sure this small jump up will be an improvement in SQ so really no downsides for me as I can move the Chrono’s to my loft and free up another set of speakers for use as matching HT surrounds in my living room.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The Vento 820.2 are one of my favorite speakers ever! So I don't think you will regret having them
One of the things that makes them so special to me is they are not just 6" bookshelf speakers, but they are tiny 6" bookshelf speakers! Yet, I had them setup as my mains in my LR in a 2.2 system for a couple of months and there is nothing tiny about their sound. I did not remove them from the LR because I got tired of them, I removed them to make way for the DCM TP160s and the TFE100's. My LR is under constant speaker rotation.
My first foray into the Chrono SL with ceramic tweeter was for a center to go with the 820.2's. I had Snakeeyes recommendation and my thinking is music is very important to me, but for HT I could drop down a level and still be happy (I just don't watch very much TV and what I do watch is mostly talking heads (not the band) where sound is not a big deal) and the Chrono would certainly be good enough for clean dialogue (and given the ceramic tweeter the timbre should be a decent match)! It turned out to be an excellent match!

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Obviously, you don't know Alex very well. You might be the UFC champion and he might end up getting his ass kicked, but that wouldn't stop him from being disrespectful to you!
Note to self: Don't piss off Alex.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I only recently read this full thread – at least all those remaining posts that hadn't been deleted ;).

It's a vivid reminder of one of my favorite sayings:

Never wrestle with a turd. It makes no difference if you win or lose, you still end up with sh!t all over you.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I only recently read this full thread – at least all those remaining posts that hadn't been deleted ;).

It's a vivid reminder of one of my favorite sayings:

Never wrestle with a turd. It makes no difference if you win or lose, you still end up with sh!t all over you.
I thought about that phrase a couple of times, even slept on it before I decided to confront him. What can I say? It's who I am! He relieved me of any second thoughts when he deleted his posts and said that was out of his control as if the moderators had forced him to.
Besides, once you have had a baby, getting sh!t all over you just isn't such a big deal anymore. BTDT!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I thought about that phrase a couple of times, even slept on it before I decided to confront him. What can I say? It's who I am!
I've found myself violating my own advice too – more than once or twice. BTDTGTTS!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought about that phrase a couple of times, even slept on it before I decided to confront him.
Not me. I was all in the moment I smelled the bullsh!t: On it like a hornet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis