AfterLife2's Setup Finally...Brace Yourself and Always Thankful To My Audioholics FriendS.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'd be so tempted to pick up that plasma for a second tv or even as a pc monitor...
Yep I've seen it over three visits and nobody has picked it up. I don't need another TV, so far I won't be picking it up. Tempting though. Any idea why this TV got so much praise NIN?

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm addicted. Not sure if this is a good Yamaha receiver(No remote) , but the price is low and in almost mint condition.
View attachment 32956
View attachment 32957
43 Plasma by Pioneer. I've seen this a couple of time and am surprised it's still there. I remember people loving the image quality on this TV back in the day.
View attachment 32958
I held back and didn't buy either one. Phew. :p Should I run back and get the Yammy reciever?
The Logitech Harmony remotes do appear to support the Yamaha!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The Logitech Harmony remotes do appear to support the Yamaha!

What he said!
The Yamaha remotes cost substantially more than most other brands. Not sure why, but a Logitch remote or even an inexpensive universal remote should have the code for the Yamaha and give you an alternative!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Surprise! Look at the pretty orange lights, 5 LP's($1 each) and WINE! Rah! :eek: o_O :cool: Celebration time! All I need is a used sub and I'm done. My Turntable stuff should be here by next week. :D
IMG_20191228_185933_445.jpg

I have this remote for my TV. I will try to find the code for my Yammy. I can finally say I have a Yamaha!!! Thanks for the suggestions Mr Magoo and Kew.
IMG_20191228_191054_194.jpg

Hurrah!!!
Screenshot_20191228-192746.png

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Yep I've seen it over three visits and nobody has picked it up. I don't need another TV, so far I won't be picking it up. Tempting though. Any idea why this TV got so much praise NIN?
Plasmas are known for having great picture quality and amazing black levels.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'm addicted. Not sure if this is a good Yamaha receiver(No remote) , but the price is low and in almost mint condition.
View attachment 32956
View attachment 32957
43 Plasma by Pioneer. I've seen this a couple of time and am surprised it's still there. I remember people loving the image quality on this TV back in the day.
View attachment 32958
I held back and didn't buy either one. Phew. :p Should I run back and get the Yammy reciever?
The plasma looks to be much older in their line, but if its low hours, which you can check via the service menu, and has no burn in, it would make a nice display .

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You guys are tempting me to get the Pioneer Plasma. Maybe I'll pass there tomorrow and see if it works and if PQ is great. I'm guessing it's 720p. Arrrggg.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Went by the thrift store after work, but it was closed. The Pioneer is still there. Here is the best Pic I managed to take from the window. On top of the TV it says 40 which could be the price or 40 inch, although it's a 43 inch. I'm guessing Pioneer stopped making TVs in the US?
IMG_20191229_194056_761.jpg

Edit: I think I know why no one has bought it. It has no tuner and no HDMI. It's basically a monitor for PC. Brand New when it was released it costed $10,000!!! Specs here:

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Went by the thrift store after work, but it was closed. The Pioneer is still there. Here is the best Pic I managed to take from the window. On top of the TV it says 40 which could be the price or 40 inch, although it's a 43 inch. I'm guessing Pioneer stopped making TVs in the US?
View attachment 33000
Edit: I think I know why no one has bought it. It has no tuner and no HDMI. It's basically a monitor for PC. Brand New when it was released it costed $10,000!!! Specs here:
That's an old one for sure, the elite version cost more lol.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That's an old one for sure, the elite version cost more lol.
Dang. Make me want to buy and tell everyone it's a 10G TV. Rahaha
On a side note. The Bose woofer is 8 inches and got to play them loud for a bit last nite and the bass thumps real good I actually felt it on the floor. I think i might bi-wire these with my DCM speakers, so I don't have to buy a Subwoofer for now and save up for a good one later on.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Happy 2020 guys!!! Went to the thrift store and bought a table for the reciever & TT and had to take it apart because it would not fit in the car. :) I also got a cheap 8 inch sub for $18, George Benson Breezin Vinyl, 4 CD's and for $5 bucks Boxset Shrek (4) Disks 3D Blu-ray!!!! I'll post Pic once everything is put together. Those Bose will go to Craigslist perhaps next week. Although I think they sound good for Home Theater. We will see. Wanted to show you the goodies this store has. It's a goldmine for sure.
IMG_20200101_142353_140.jpg

IMG_20200101_142431_619.jpg

IMG_20200101_142518_782.jpg

IMG_20200101_142602_723.jpg

IMG_20200101_142648_500.jpg

IMG_20200101_142733_756.jpg

IMG_20200101_142830_767.jpg

IMG_20200101_142926_624.jpg

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You are seriously making me want to pick a day, map out all the thrift stores in my area and just blitz them all to see if I can find something cool.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You are seriously making me want to pick a day, map out all the thrift stores in my area and just blitz them all to see if I can find something cool.
Yes check out your local goodwills. You'd be surprised what you may find on any given day.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well this sucks the Yammy is not good. It goes to loud then volume goes to medium volume. Back and forth. Back it goes. Hopefully I can get something else. When it does play it sounds good poof low to medium volume. Here is the table it was 13 bucks. The speakers are on the DCM boxes covered with pillow sheets for now. :) To my surprise the DCM do go low in a smaller room. Oh the used sub! I'll set it up later. Still got more stuff to do, but thought I'd share the beginning stages. Rah.
IMG_20200101_190756_858.jpg

IMG_20200101_190031_385.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Linda's lookin' mighty fine on that album cover. Poor girl looks like she might be a bit chilly tho...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Linda's lookin' mighty fine on that album cover. Poor girl looks like she might be a bit chilly tho...
Rofl, yeah she could poke an eye out! Funny, today that’s probably considered p°rn.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Returned the Yammy today and picked up this Yammy R-V501 today for $5! Work great!!!
Before
IMG_20200101_142431_619.jpg

After brutal dust inside and outside cleanup rahaha
IMG_20200102_162426_060.jpg

Onkyo(8inch sub 120w) for $18. Not sure I'll need it in this setup. The DCM has great tight bass in my small room. I was shocked!
IMG_20200102_110330_027.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis