B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Santa is bringing me a pair of Audeze LCD 2C and I need to get longer cables that the stock ones. I see there are a lot of very high $$$ cables out there. Is it snake oil like most audio cables or are headphone use an exception?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Same as with speakers, cable will just transfer the signal, no more or less.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Santa is bringing me a pair of Audeze LCD 2C and I need to get longer cables that the stock ones. I see there are a lot of very high $$$ cables out there. Is it snake oil like most audio cables or are headphone use an exception?
Yes, it's snake oil. Don't spend a lot of money on any cable, as long as it conducts electricity. Don't forget that the current going through headphones is rather small.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wonder what Santa ended up doing for OP? I'll just drop this suggestion for those who want to assist Ray Kimber's retirement funds.

Attachments

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Wonder what Santa ended up doing for OP? I'll just drop this suggestion for those who want to assist Ray Kimber's retirement funds.
Santa brought me a Periapt Cable. Very inexpensive (less than $100) considering the build quality. Probably still more than others would spend, but I was able to request the length I needed so no adapters or extensions.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis