Sprout 100 & Polk Audio RTI-A7

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
Don’t get me wrong but I’m thinking of Polk Audio T-50 speakers. The reviews are great and I heard them at a friend of mine. They don’t produce too much base but enough to enjoy. I have a small room.

I think I’m gonna get rid of the Polk Audio RTI-A7 and get those puppies. They are 150w per channel and the sprout 100 is 100wats per chann at 4 ohms.
What do you think lovinthehd?
Thank you in advance
I used to own the T-50 they have a horrible crossover. Very muddy mids.

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
What do you mean the speakers will give you 100 watts?
I haves hooked up the ELAC Unify UF5 with the sprout. The sound is very satisfied, they are 4 ohms per speaker and it gives me 100w per channel.

.....but now I think to myself and say, if the Sprout plays very good what better amp you recommend me? Emotiva is one of them but they must be others. I can affor only $500.
Thanks

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I haves hooked up the ELAC Unify UF5 with the sprout. The sound is very satisfied, they are 4 ohms per speaker and it gives me 100w per channel.

.....but now I think to myself and say, if the Sprout plays very good what better amp you recommend me? Emotiva is one of them but they must be others. I can affor only $500.
Thanks
You're chasing amps when you it's really speakers that matter. However with the frequency response of the Sprout, any amp would be better.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Thanks
You've gone to a less sensitive speaker and one that's a bit lower in impedance so somewhat a step backwards using the same amp as for the RtiA7s to get the best mileage out of the amp. If you want only a 2ch integrated amp then perhaps look at Yamaha's offerings, they're pretty well regarded. The Emotiva could work fine as well.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

Thanks
If you don't mind a less flashy look than the sprout, take a look of the NAD integrated amps. I am not a fan of their AV receivers but I do think they know how to make good integrated amps on a budget.

bombadil

bombadil

Junior Audioholic
The current version of the PS Audio Sprout has been thoroughly tested
It came out mostly poor-fair, but better than many other PS Audio products. I encourage you to return the Sprout if you can and use the data from ASR and Audioholics to make a truly informed choice. The original Sprout was total garbage.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Like I said on page 1. Always ask before you buy!

We almost never recommend swapping amps for sq improvements, but that thing measures so bad...

BS Audio.

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
If you don't mind a less flashy look than the sprout, take a look of the NAD integrated amps. I am not a fan of their AV receivers but I do think they know how to make good integrated amps on a budget.
Penguin, NAD are expensive. I chose Sprout 100 to save money and try it out. I’m thinking of Emotiva BasX TA-100 Stereo preamp/DAC/Tuner with Integrated Amplifier instead of the Sprout. What do you think?

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
You've gone to a less sensitive speaker and one that's a bit lower in impedance so somewhat a step backwards using the same amp as for the RtiA7s to get the best mileage out of the amp. If you want only a 2ch integrated amp then perhaps look at Yamaha's offerings, they're pretty well regarded. The Emotiva could work fine as well.
What about the Emotiva BasX TA-100 Stereo preamp/DAC/Tuner with Integrated Amplifier?

You think will do the trick together with my ELAC?

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
You're chasing amps when you it's really speakers that matter. However with the frequency response of the Sprout, any amp would be better.
I’m thinking about the Emotiva BasX TA-100 Stereo preamp/DAC/Tuner.

I will apreciate your opinion comparing to the sprout. I think that I started to believe that ELAC is a good choice but I can find an amplifer with let’s say $500 but the sprout I’m confused.
Thank you

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Emotiva seemingly has a fair amount of happy customers. They also seem to have a problem servicing their own gear. I would pass on them as well as anything from PS audio.

Order two of these Model 2200 Monoblocks from Outlaw instead, pure amplification that works, at a great sale price. Sale ends tonight.

Then buy a good quality Receiver or Pre Amp that will meet your needs in terms of quality and functionality.

You are all over the place and it doesn't make sense. Sorry, man, but it just... Doesn't.

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Emotiva seemingly has a fair amount of happy customers. They also seem to have a problem servicing their own gear. I would pass on them as well as anything from PS audio.

Order two of these Model 2200 Monoblocks from Outlaw instead, pure amplification that works, at a great sale price. Sale ends tonight.

Then buy a good quality Receiver or Pre Amp that will meet your needs in terms of quality and functionality.

You are all over the place and it doesn't make sense. Sorry, man, but it just... Doesn't.
I was going to end that by saying that I returned to Polk Audio and not keeping the ELAC.
That would be useful to the other people discovering from my experience but it’s useless for you.

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
I was going to end that by saying that I returned to Polk Audio and not keeping the ELAC.
That would be useful to the other people discovering from my experience but it’s useless for you.
Thanks for the links

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I’m thinking about the Emotiva BasX TA-100 Stereo preamp/DAC/Tuner.

I will apreciate your opinion comparing to the sprout. I think that I started to believe that ELAC is a good choice but I can find an amplifer with let’s say $500 but the sprout I’m confused.
Thank you
The NAD recommendations are a good choice. Cambridge Audio, Yamaha, and marantz all make good integrated units w DACs.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Its useful to anybody that's been contributing in the effort to help you!
There are proven ways to accomplish a great quality setup at reasonable prices. ;) You don't HAVE to do what we say, but you asked... and that's just what we've been trying to do. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Penguin, NAD are expensive. I chose Sprout 100 to save money and try it out. I’m thinking of Emotiva BasX TA-100 Stereo preamp/DAC/Tuner with Integrated Amplifier instead of the Sprout. What do you think?
To save money? Did you get it cheap used or something? I see new it's listed at $599 on Amazon. That's not in any way what I'd consider a "deal".

I think those Outlaws Ryan linked in post #52 is one of the better deals you're gonna find right now for good, clean amplification that won't leave you guessing if you're getting full potential from your speakers. With that, do you still need a preamp or receiver? I still say a good avr would be the best way to go. At least far enough up the chain for a full set of preouts. The 3500 is still on sale right now too. You get that and the monoblocks and you're set for power, no questions asked.

I'd get to selling that sprout ASAP and put the money towards your new gear.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
To save money? Did you get it cheap used or something? I see new it's listed at $599 on Amazon. That's not in any way what I'd consider a "deal".

I think those Outlaws Ryan linked in post #52 is one of the better deals you're gonna find right now for good, clean amplification that won't leave you guessing if you're getting full potential from your speakers. With that, do you still need a preamp or receiver? I still say a good avr would be the best way to go. At least far enough up the chain for a full set of preouts. The 3500 is still on sale right now too. You get that and the monoblocks and you're set for power, no questions asked.

I'd get to selling that sprout ASAP and put the money towards your new gear.

#Boom!

This.
A good AVR, proper amplification. Your Polks will sound the best they can.

When ready to grow beyond, replace the speakers with a quality upgrade.

Throw a good quality Sub into the mix...

...and...

#Pow!

:cool:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

#Boom!

This.
A good AVR, proper amplification. Your Polks will sound the best they can.

When ready to grow beyond, replace the speakers with a quality upgrade.

Throw a good quality Sub into the mix...

...and...

#Pow!

:cool:
Hell yeah! lol

IF I were in your shoes @Yohansen that's what I'd do before anything else. Even if you only get the monoblocks right now and sit on them until you can swing the cash for a receiver. In the meantime use your sprout while also advertising it somewhere. When it sells you unclench those butt cheeks and kick in the rest of what you need for a receiver.

Once you do that you're set for amplification and can power most any speakers you want to try. Those monos will handle your RTIs no problem with 300 wpc @4 ohms.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis