Netflix: The Witcher

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Netflix has released the new series The Witcher. I've just watched the first episode and I like it.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
My Steam account I've spent 768 hours playing Witcher3. Yes, I know the series book based, not on the game, but to say that I am looking forward binging the hell out it would be a massive understatement.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Is that out now?! I've been waiting g for this! I played the living crap out of the Witcher 3 and have dug into some of the lore from the books too. Henry Cavil is one of my favorite actors too. Good to hear at least one person likes it so far, lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My Steam account I've spent 768 hours playing Witcher3. Yes, I know the series book based, not on the game, but to say that I am looking forward binging the hell out it would be a massive understatement.
I might have more time logged into Witcher 3 than just about any other game I've played. Sitting here thinking about it makes me kinda want to play right now, lol.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Most definitely on my must-see-TV list.

Landing Superman to play the Witcher was a great move also.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pretty happy with the first episode! I think I'm coming to the conclusion that as long as Henry Cavil is in it I'm gonna like it. He's selling it as Geralt, imo. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have the games, but haven't played them yet. Looks like they'll have to be next on the list.

First episode was good. Really didn't mess around murdering folks.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That's...um...a lot of hours. I don't think I've come anywhere close to that in any game I've played. Well, at least modern games. Here I was thinking the 350+ hours in each Borderlands was a lot...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have the games, but haven't played them yet. Looks like they'll have to be next on the list.

First episode was good. Really didn't mess around murdering folks.
Anyone who read books or played games well aware of events of Blaviken and nickname Geralt got after it.
So then he visits Blaviken in the first episode, it's like this meme:

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Anyone who read books or played games well aware of events of Blaviken and nickname Geralt got after it.
So then he visits Blaviken in the first episode, it's like this image:
That was a brutal fight. Well choreographed and looked like it was almost from the game. He cuts one guy more or less in half, vertically. :oops:

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, you probably won't be shocked to learn that I just finished with the first season.
It was very short but pretty satisfying. Much better than I expected. Some sneak peeks shown Henry Cavill as Legolas wannabe. Thank gods he wasn't.
Plenty of online news comparing it to GoT. It isn't and it would be wrong to do so. Besides both being in the high fantasy genre, that is all.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, you probably won't be shocked to learn that I just finished with the first season.
It was very short but pretty satisfying. Much better than I expected.
Sold. I halfway gave up on the show but I wanna be like the rest of the cool kids AND it's something I can watch with the better half. It makes sense that if they have money for Super Man, they have money for everything else: writing/cinematography/audio. It's back on the roster.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
No idea of the background so it is a bit strange for us. But, I do like all the bare bodies. ;) :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's a little confusing at first, especially if you're not familiar with the story. The first few episodes jump back and forth between 2 or 3 different timelines. They all seem to converge by episode 5 or 6 tho (just started ep 6).

I'm really liking it so far, it's at least as good as I'd hoped it would be. I agree it's not another Game Of Thrones but I can't help but feel some similarities in its tone and fantasy elements. Could just be because they have a couple of GoT actors in it, too.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for clarifying the timeline jumps. We kind of supposed that is the case but now good to know. Will continue; on 4 and tonight

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It's a little confusing at first, especially if you're not familiar with the story. The first few episodes jump back and forth between 2 or 3 different timelines. They all seem to converge by episode 5 or 6 tho (just started ep 6).
Yeah, that jumping between different timelines was not done well at all.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, that jumping between different timelines was not done well at all.
Agreed. They could have done a better job of clarifying that. I'm familiar with the material and was still a little confused at first.

The stuff happening with Ciri is later in Geralt's and Yennefer's timelines. Does everyone get the "child of surprise" deal with Geralt and Ciri, and what happened with the Jin, Yennefer and Geralt's final wish?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Agreed. They could have done a better job of clarifying that. I'm familiar with the material and was still a little confused at first.

The stuff happening with Ciri is later in Geralt's and Yennefer's timelines. Does everyone get the "child of surprise" deal with Geralt and Ciri, and what happened with the Jin, Yennefer and Geralt's final wish?
I got the law of surprise & Ciri, but it wasn't mentioned in-game, but Jin Yen and Geralt's final wish was closely followed and if you didn't play Witcher3 I don't to spoil it for you.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I got the law of surprise & Ciri, but it wasn't mentioned in-game, but Jin Yen and Geralt's final wish was closely followed and if you didn't play Witcher3 I don't to spoil it for you.
I get what's going on. The way they did the timelines was pretty confusing tho, so I was offering to fill in any blanks.

If I haven't played Witcher 3... pffft. I've beaten it and all the DLC 3 times now! Lol

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I get what's going on. The way they did the timelines was pretty confusing tho, so I was offering to fill in any blanks.

If I haven't played Witcher 3... pffft. I've beaten it and all the DLC 3 times now! Lol
I knew you played it, I meant more generic for other members and guests.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis