Extinction of dlp ? why led became king [emoji146]? Yay or ney ? Have you owned one ? Help info

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
DLP was always just a bridge to LCD as companies ramped up and switched over to flat panels. It was never going to stay around. It has the bulky size of a CRT without the clarity or brightness of LCD or CRT or plasma.

The reason you can find them cheap is because they were never good in the first place.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
DLP was always just a bridge to LCD as companies ramped up and switched over to flat panels. It was never going to stay around. It has the bulky size of a CRT without the clarity or brightness of LCD or CRT or plasma.

The reason you can find them cheap is because they were never good in the first place.
Ahh all the crt I had were pretty clear so basically dlp ? are junk . My led is not bad for high definition stuff maybe I’ll just use it for Netflix and Blu-ray . Use my old lcd for dvd
Why were old tv so bulky in the first place some crt 40” were 338 pounds or more and 33-36” 255??

Projections TVs were massive dlp at least half the weight ? Except dlp with a bottom part the massive speaker bricks ./: why were the TVs floorstanders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Ahh all the crt I had were pretty clear so basically dlp ? are junk .
Dude, how many times do we have to answer this question? It's almost like you're not listening to anything anyone here says...

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Dude, how many times do we have to answer this question? It's almost like you're not listening to anything anyone here says...
Is this image of old tv represent the blurry picture of dlp ?
Wow so dlp not es bright as crt ? And not even as good as a old school projector tv ???
Yeah but I cannot just throw away dvds and Blu-ray’s that look bad on my 4k non hdr Sony . What do you suggest???

Thanks for the help . I guess dlp was just a sad sad trash fad .
Best find a job and save for a oled or a projector....
Heck even a older lcd :led or qled vizio would work . Or plasma but they only last so long .
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
This is now you mount a projector tv....
I guess if it’s free it probably sucks
[/IMG]

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Umm yeah, if it’s free it’s not by accident. It’s because IT SUCKS, and somebody just wants it out of their hair. Nothing in life is free, and if it IS free, that’s probably its actual value (or its being donated by a saint).

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Is this image of old tv represent the blurry picture of dlp ?
Wow so dlp not es bright as crt ? And not even as good as a old school projector tv ???
No. DLP is brighter than CRT and is sharper. It does not have the black levels of CRT though.

Keep in mind this is comparing CRT rear projection to DLP rear projection. CRT tube televisions, the big ones, tend to be 1/4 the size, or smaller and fundamentally work differently than DLP projection or CRT projection displays do.

DLP is a digital technology that has perfect pixels similar to a LCD television. So, you can get nearly perfectly sharp images using DLP (depending on lens quality).

That is nothing at all what a good DLP rear projection television would look like with an image.

There are even articles, right here on Audioholics, about DLP rear projection...

Read about it. It will set you straight.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
No. DLP is brighter than CRT and is sharper. It does not have the black levels of CRT though.

Keep in mind this is comparing CRT rear projection to DLP rear projection. CRT tube televisions, the big ones, tend to be 1/4 the size, or smaller and fundamentally work differently than DLP projection or CRT projection displays do.

DLP is a digital technology that has perfect pixels similar to a LCD television. So, you can get nearly perfectly sharp images using DLP (depending on lens quality).

That is nothing at all what a good DLP rear projection television would look like with an image.

There are even articles, right here on Audioholics, about DLP rear projection...

Read about it. It will set you straight.
I thought zenith went defunct ? Like years ago who made this lcd it any good. ??
Should I try and talk them down to $20$?
How do you get seller to let you audition an lcd to sure it works or they usually trustworthy??
Lcd got the axe too for its brotherhood the led tv

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I thought zenith went defunct ? Like years ago who made this lcd it any good. ??
Should I try and talk them down to $20$?
No, you should forget that you ever saw it. It's worth nothing and will not be better than what you currently have.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
No, you should forget that you ever saw it. It's worth nothing and will not be better than what you currently have.
Still wishing I had not bought my 4k tv
But hey can’t win them all ./ sometimes throw money away buying new

How ligit does this look https://letgo.onelink.me/O2PG/e996fe61
Looks like this one works way better lcd , for old movies.
I found Sony Bravia lcd , or should I just stick to watching dvd on hdtv crt ?
No remote guy said he would accept $8 but how do you test it ? Ask ?

Dvd are just trash I’ll be sure not to buy any more just couldn’t pass on low prices at goodwill ...I already had 30 dvd
No telling how long my Sony Bravia will last and can’t beat $8 for a tv ...
Wish I just had a cable box for my bedroom ... my 4k led collecting dust . Dvd look horrific on it

Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Do you even know what year or model number it is? How can anyone tell you if it's good from such a crappy picture? Or without knowing the model number. All kinds of issues could be hiding in that awful pic. Have you tried looking up any settings for your 4k tv on AVS or rtings? You're worried about 30 dvd's looking bad? Man, just look for deals on the blu-ray versions of them instead of new tv's. It'll cost you less in the long run than buying and transporting a dozen near free tv's. Nobody is going to sell a decent tv for $8, let alone give one away for free.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Do you even know what year or model number it is? How can anyone tell you if it's good from such a crappy picture? Or without knowing the model number. All kinds of issues could be hiding in that awful pic. Have you tried looking up any settings for your 4k tv on AVS or rtings? You're worried about 30 dvd's looking bad? Man, just look for deals on the blu-ray versions of them instead of new tv's. It'll cost you less in the long run than buying and transporting a dozen near free tv's. Nobody is going to sell a decent tv for $8, let alone give one away for free.
Yeah seller must had been a scam or a moron never got a reply .: some movies they don’t make on Blu-ray , are you suggesting I try and sell my dvd would anyone on Facebook pay like $5 ea or something for dvd what’s max you can charge ?
I do got one hdtv Crt tv that would work fine . Upgrade my collection, when is 8k Blu-ray going to replace 4k?
Not sure if I should buy anymore normal or 4k Blu-ray’s .

Tesla spoken to them

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah seller must had been a scam or a moron never got a reply .: some movies they don’t make on Blu-ray , are you suggesting I try and sell my dvd would anyone on Facebook pay like $5 ea or something for dvd what’s max you can charge ?
I do got one hdtv Crt tv that would work fine . Upgrade my collection, when is 8k Blu-ray going to replace 4k?

Tesla spoken to them
Well for one thing, stop worrying about 8k. It’s at least 10 years before most of the world cares. 4K is hardly worth to most people except it’s the “next big thing”.
Fukk 8k, it’s stupid, and pointless for you to consider at all right now. And plus, if you bring your crt’s into a field, or gravel pit you can shoot them with a rifle from a great distance and not have to worry about any toxins. If you’re worried about harming the environment, just remember there are way more things in nature that could kill you long before releasing some gasses from a tv. Just sayin...

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
There's always going to be some new format out. If you're worried about that, then stop buying movies. I'm not suggesting you do anything with your DVD's besides upgrade them to Blu-ray if you care about the picture quality on your tv's. Do what you want with your DVD's, I was just trying to help you find a better way to make them look better instead of trying to buy crappy $8 TV's.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Well for one thing, stop worrying about 8k. It’s at least 10 years before most of the world cares. 4K is hardly worth to most people except it’s the “next big thing”.
Fukk 8k, it’s stupid, and pointless for you to consider at all right now. And plus, if you bring your crt’s into a field, or gravel pit you can shoot them with a rifle from a great distance and not have to worry about any toxins. If you’re worried about harming the environment, just remember there are way more things in nature that could kill you long before releasing some gasses from a tv. Just sayin...
My only hdtv dvd look good on is old 2009 Sony Bravia...
Yeah but why do trash companies take them if there super toxic?
I would only throw one out if it didn’t work .
Are 4k Blu-ray’s even worth buying without a hdr tv ?? Some don’t look good like ghost in the shell .
Plasma looks better then my led tv but there
Extinct.....
Definitely not going for more crt TVs ..... too heavy

Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
My only hdtv dvd look good on is old 2009 Sony Bravia...
Yeah but why do trash companies take them if there super toxic?
I would only throw one out if it didn’t work .
Are 4k Blu-ray’s even worth buying without a hdr tv ?? Some don’t look good like ghost in the shell .
Plasma looks better then my led tv but there
Extinct.....
Definitely not going for more crt TVs ..... too heavy

Tesla spoken to them
Maybe you should use your old Sony bravia? Sell the 4K?

Trash companies don’t usually take TVs in their trucks because then the the toxins get mixed in with other garbage. You can bring them to recycling or a land fill though. Sometimes only certain days of the week though.
4ks are worth buying even without and hdr tv. IMO. In my case, I have a plasma, but also an Atmos system. So, since some studios only put the Atmos tracks on the 4K disk, I have to buy them. Their are a lot of titles on regular BD with Atmos though so...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Dude, stop looking at old garbage TVs to buy. There is a reason people are willing to let them go so cheap. Not worth your time.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Dude, stop looking at old garbage TVs to buy. There is a reason people are willing to let them go so cheap. Not worth your time.
I gotta disagree... kinda. Don't BUY crappy old TVs, but look for FREE ones on Craigslist. People are giving away TVs all the time, and this will give you a chance to learn about the different ones that are out there. You will need to put them in your room or whatever to keep SWMBO happy. But, if you are seriously about learning about these things, then there can be some reasonable money to be made by those knowledgeable. You can always get a job in the electronics department of many major retailers if you really show an interest.

Not sure your age, or where you live, and your life issues, but I would say that the first step is learning as much as you can and figuring out how to Google for answers before you ask questions that you don't know.

Certainly don't MAKE UP ANSWERS - because on a website like this, you better believe that people will set you straight.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I gotta disagree... kinda. Don't BUY crappy old TVs, but look for FREE ones on Craigslist. People are giving away TVs all the time, and this will give you a chance to learn about the different ones that are out there. You will need to put them in your room or whatever to keep SWMBO happy. But, if you are seriously about learning about these things, then there can be some reasonable money to be made by those knowledgeable. You can always get a job in the electronics department of many major retailers if you really show an interest.

Not sure your age, or where you live, and your life issues, but I would say that the first step is learning as much as you can and figuring out how to Google for answers before you ask questions that you don't know.

Certainly don't MAKE UP ANSWERS - because on a website like this, you better believe that people will set you straight.
I'll agree with this. Mine was for the OP just because he seems to just kinda throw random search results at us.

I'd have no issues with a free model that I can fix. That's what he needs to do (and if that's his question and I missed it, my bad).

Funny thing is in my job (it) we are simply masters of Google Fu. That's what makes us good at what we do.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis