Problem with AVR/FireStick/Monitor???

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
That is fine)) Unfortunately i had to try 3 different hdmi cables despite the correct display settings. Have to return 3 cables back to amazon)))
Wow, that sucks, did you finally get one that is working right ?

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Wow, that sucks, did you finally get one that is working right ?
Yes, the 4th cable was active optical. It works but the spec says you should not bend it with radius of less than 2cm because otherwise you can damage it. I still have to put it under carpet along the perimeter of the room. Hopefully it will still work after that))

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Yes, the 4th cable was active optical. It works but the spec says you should not bend it with radius of less than 2cm because otherwise you can damage it. I still have to put it under carpet along the perimeter of the room. Hopefully it will still work after that))
Sounds like you a glass fiber optical hdmi cable. In that case, yes, you will have to be very careful not to damage it. I'm sure that wasn't cheap as far as cables go.

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
My new 4k tv somehow works fine with cheap hdmi cable my monitor refused to work with. Hopefully with hdmi cables it either works or not. Quality should be the same. If i decide to keep tv and return the monitor i would save some money on the cable)))

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Now, when I decided to actually replace the monitor with 40 inch tv, i am not sure i need the more expensive hdmi cable. All works with cheaper one. But i am not sure if I would loose any quality with it? Something that not easy to spot. Or if it works at all that means all things like HDR, etc will work?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Now, when I decided to actually replace the monitor with 40 inch tv, i am not sure i need the more expensive hdmi cable. All works with cheaper one. But i am not sure if I would loose any quality with it? Something that not easy to spot. Or if it works at all that means all things like HDR, etc will work?
I'd test it with the max bandwidth you're going to use....

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Yes, will do. But is that works or not question or there might be cases that it works but some features not supported?

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Tried yesterday several youtube test videos in 4k 60fps. It worked, no dots on the screen or any other artifacts. Does it mean that it works as well as it potentially could with my equipment? Difficult to compare as i have to disconnect one cable and connect another. No obvious difference at least.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Tried yesterday several youtube test videos in 4k 60fps. It worked, no dots on the screen or any other artifacts. Does it mean that it works as well as it potentially could with my equipment? Difficult to compare as i have to disconnect one cable and connect another. No obvious difference at least.
Yeah sounds like its fine. Youtube has 4k/60fps? Wow.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis