Will I be able to play hi res music files using a dragonfly dac into a 3.5 mm at the front of a receiver

BoogieTown

BoogieTown

Audiophyte
Hi this is my first post here, I work for a home theater store and I need to be able to play my collection of flac files using the receivers we have in the demo room. I only have access to the front panel of the receivers, the ones we have in our studio are pioneer elite, denon, yamaha, and marantz. Would I be able to use my iphone xs max + lightning to usb camera adapter + audioquest dragonfly red + 3.5 mm into the 3.5 mm on the front of the receiver and then switch the input to that and play the flac files from my vox app and have the music sound hi-res?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why not just stream it instead and go wireless?

BoogieTown

BoogieTown

Audiophyte
Why not just stream it instead and go wireless?
I thought the quality would degrade and I'm one of like 5 people in my department that use the room so connecting via bluetooth would be a messy process from my limited knowledge. But I am gonna try and use Heos for the denon receivers next time I work

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the quality would degrade and I'm one of like 5 people in my department that use the room so connecting via bluetooth would be a messy process from my limited knowledge. But I am gonna try and use Heos for the denon receivers next time I work
I didn't mean bluetooth, I was referring to wifi/dlna (maybe Heos, haven't used that). As long as the avr is connected to your network it's fairly simple. You're afraid of losing data? Not an experience I've had streaming my own content over my network; we can stream video without issue, audio isn't even close to that. Plus you can demo another feature....

You can hardwire in a variety of ways, tho, like your plan with the Audiocrap device.

BoogieTown

BoogieTown

Audiophyte
I didn't mean bluetooth, I was referring to wifi/dlna (maybe Heos, haven't used that). As long as the avr is connected to your network it's fairly simple. You're afraid of losing data? Not an experience I've had streaming my own content over my network; we can stream video without issue, audio isn't even close to that. Plus you can demo another feature....

You can hardwire in a variety of ways, tho, like your plan with the Audiocrap device.
Thank you for the help!! I'll explore the network option, audioquest does suck I hate their cables and I've just seen a bunch of good stuff online about this dac so maybe this is the ONE product they sell that isn't snake oil.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you for the help!! I'll explore the network option, audioquest does suck I hate their cables and I've just seen a bunch of good stuff online about this dac so maybe this is the ONE product they sell that isn't snake oil.
It's (the Audiocrap dac) a functional product, an exceptional one, no. Nothing Audioquest sells is particularly exceptional, they rely on bullshit and audiophoolery to the greater extent (but your employer probably loves their margins and some salespeople love the commissions). Many avrs have Airplay so with an apple phone that may be fairly simple, not an apple user myself.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If you want to play high res high quality digital files, you should avoid those overrated Dragon flies. Visit Audiosciencereview.com and just pick one from their top 2 buckets. Any of those will out perform the Dragons by a good margin.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis