Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Just got a photo sent of me from an old military buddy. I got a good chuckle out of it and thought you might to.
This would have been 1983 and I would have been 17 years old carrying a prick 77. Gave me some good memories and flashback's. Oh to be young again. ( sorry had to edit, almost forgot the pic, LOL)

me 1st yr USMC.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I wish I was as young as you are right now... lol. Nice pic.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ah, you can't be that old. Still seem pretty feisty . :) Kids got a good laugh at the pic.
It's not a huge gap, I'm 50. Physically things start to change a li'l when you hit 50. You're right, I'm still kinda feisty and I think I'm still pretty spry for my age. I haven't gained any weight since high school (160 lbs) and in decent shape still. Lately stuff gets sore the next day that didn't used to tho and the ol' beard is getting pretty gray, lol.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
It's not a huge gap, I'm 50. Physically things start to change a li'l when you hit 50. You're right, I'm still kinda feisty and I think I'm still pretty spry for my age. I haven't gained any weight since high school (160 lbs) and in decent shape still. Lately stuff gets sore the next day that didn't used to tho and the ol' beard is getting pretty gray, lol.
Hell, your younger than I am. I turn 54 in a couple of months. In that pick I was about 160 lbs also and 5'8''
Then at around 20-21 yrs old, I sprung up to 6'1'' and 235 ilbs. Lost a few over the years, not much, but still a few. LOL

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hell, your younger than I am. I turn 54 in a couple of months. In that pick I was about 160 lbs also and 5'8''
Then at around 20-21 yrs old, I sprung up to 6'1'' and 235 ilbs. Lost a few over the years, not much, but still a few. LOL
Oh poop, I was thinking you were 17 in 1993! Oops. Well, you already know stuff changes at 50 then, lol.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
You know aside from the physical aspect which is something we exercise a small margin of control over I believe at 2 months shy of 40 that what maintains youthfulness longer is newness!

All to often the longer one spends on any of life’s mountains going up and down then back up again the less interesting that mountain becomes.

The “first time” we don’t know what we’re made of so how high is the peak it’s all new!

The second time we know where we’ve been, how long and difficult that climb was and the price we paid as a result of it the first time. The second time is like reliving our past!

When faced with round 3 that climb isn’t looking to interesting anymore it feels now that one has to stop “living in the past” let go and try something new again!

That newness is a rebirth. Nothing breathes life into a man more then a fresh start without any baggage.

If you spend enough time with home audio you learn what really matters and apply that awareness to maximize your budget.

New technology is exciting and comes with a whole new set of challenges to overcome.

Although aging is uncontrollable we are all kids at heart needing newness at times to remind us that life’s an adventure.

So carve new paths live in the now and plan for a future worthy of your efforts no matter how short lived that future may be it’s an inevitable pursuit desired or not!

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
You know aside from the physical aspect which is something we exercise a small margin of control over I believe at 2 months shy of 40 that what maintains youthfulness longer is newness!

All to often the longer one spends on any of life’s mountains going up and down then back up again the less interesting that mountain becomes.

The “first time” we don’t know what we’re made of so how high is the peak it’s all new!

The second time we know where we’ve been, how long and difficult that climb was and the price we paid as a result of it the first time. The second time is like reliving our past!

When faced with round 3 that climb isn’t looking to interesting anymore it feels now that one has to stop “living in the past” let go and try something new again!

That newness is a rebirth. Nothing breathes life into a man more then a fresh start without any baggage.

If you spend enough time with home audio you learn what really matters and apply that awareness to maximize your budget.

New technology is exciting and comes with a whole new set of challenges to overcome.

Although aging is uncontrollable we are all kids at heart needing newness at times to remind us that life’s an adventure.

So carve new paths live in the now and plan for a future worthy of your efforts no matter how short lived that future may be it’s an inevitable pursuit desired or not!
I can pretty much agree with most of your statements, however with a different twist I guess. But I do like your outlook.

Yes, always live in the present, but never forget the past. The past is a great guide and the best teacher for how we handle today and the future. And the memories are all we will have in the end.

No matter how much we do something over and over again, we should always learn something new each time we do it. After all, thats what makes it more enjoyable and we become more efficient and knowledgeable at what ever that may be.
When it comes down to man thinking about his life, what he has done or not done and his mortality which is soon to become a very relevant factor. We usually feel somewhat invincible until we hit that magical number 50, and reality smacks us in the face to inform us, if we are lucky, it's half way over. And unfortunately, the best days are most likely behind us. As Frank would say, That's Life

Yes, technology can and should be a wonderful thing. But I believe we will, and may be starting to see, there is a point where it goes to far. Loosing one's privacy and individualism is a steep price to pay. Willing giving up your info and signing away your rights. Loosing the abilities or skills to meet and speak with individuals on a one on one basis, vs some electronic device. Seems to be what's making more and more people more socially inept.

You are so right, life is an adventure and we should look forward to that adventure with excitement. But as you can probably imagine with the social climate of today, the adventure is becoming more horrifying for many people who have maintained any sort of sanity. Which I think leads to human beings most major flaw. Most want it their way, because it must be the right way (LOL) and will kick, scream and fight to have it their way. Loosing the compassion and reasoning abilities for one another, only concerned for self gratification of the here and now. bla, bla,bla,bla. Ok, im going down a long and winding road here, time to sign off. Peace to all

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. Damn you're old. :)

Haven't asked in a bit, but how are things?

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
I can pretty much agree with most of your statements, however with a different twist I guess. But I do like your outlook.

Yes, always live in the present, but never forget the past. The past is a great guide and the best teacher for how we handle today and the future. And the memories are all we will have in the end.

No matter how much we do something over and over again, we should always learn something new each time we do it. After all, thats what makes it more enjoyable and we become more efficient and knowledgeable at what ever that may be.
When it comes down to man thinking about his life, what he has done or not done and his mortality which is soon to become a very relevant factor. We usually feel somewhat invincible until we hit that magical number 50, and reality smacks us in the face to inform us, if we are lucky, it's half way over. And unfortunately, the best days are most likely behind us. As Frank would say, That's Life

Yes, technology can and should be a wonderful thing. But I believe we will, and may be starting to see, there is a point where it goes to far. Loosing one's privacy and individualism is a steep price to pay. Willing giving up your info and signing away your rights. Loosing the abilities or skills to meet and speak with individuals on a one on one basis, vs some electronic device. Seems to be what's making more and more people more socially inept.

You are so right, life is an adventure and we should look forward to that adventure with excitement. But as you can probably imagine with the social climate of today, the adventure is becoming more horrifying for many people who have maintained any sort of sanity. Which I think leads to human beings most major flaw. Most want it their way, because it must be the right way (LOL) and will kick, scream and fight to have it their way. Loosing the compassion and reasoning abilities for one another, only concerned for self gratification of the here and now. bla, bla,bla,bla. Ok, im going down a long and winding road here, time to sign off. Peace to all
Agreed!

The human connection is at an all time low in the world today. That’s because societies in general have become ridiculous complicated so much so that it’s more common for adults to long for the simplicity of a child without a care.

Life was the best when Santa existed, the tooth fairy tipped us, the Easter bunny treated us, and you had to either call or walk to a friends to spend time together.

Now we are able to communicate across the world as we do here on this forums or others. It’s a blessing and a vice.

Always keep your life in perspective. Evaluate where you’ve been, where your at now, and adjust the course to arrive at a future you can live with and then repeat the process ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. Damn you're old. :)

Haven't asked in a bit, but how are things?
Still hanging in there! Tho as this thread illustrates I could use some bifocals but keep getting by without so I haven't yet, lol.

Haven't been out to your neck of the woods in a while, but haven't forgotten about you. Next time I'm in town to see family I'll be hitting you up!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Still hanging in there! Tho as this thread illustrates I could use some bifocals but keep getting by without so I haven't yet, lol.

Haven't been out to your neck of the woods in a while, but haven't forgotten about you. Next time I'm in town to see family I'll be hitting you up!
Good to hear.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis