J

JRED 1219

Audioholic
Gibby's electronics in Ontario has this on sale for $799 $CDN!

That is a fantastic deal!

F

Fastfwd

Audioholic Intern
What happens when you order something like this to be shipped to the United States? No warranty? I'm guessing the electrical components are all the same as the US version? Will it get held up for inspection? Import taxes or anything else that I should know about?

I've been looking at this reciever and hoped there might be a black friday sale, but this is way cheaper than I thought I might find it.

SwedishChef

SwedishChef

Junior Audioholic
I don't know, but all good questions. I put one in the cart and started the checkout process to see what it said. There was a lot of tax added, at least for my location. I'm not saying it's a bad deal, but there is some risk. It made me decide to watch for sales in the US and maybe settle for a 3500.

J

JRED 1219

Audioholic
Visions electronics now has this for $798 as well for black friday

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It is good to see you Canadians getting some love for a change!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What happens when you order something like this to be shipped to the United States? No warranty? I'm guessing the electrical components are all the same as the US version? Will it get held up for inspection? Import taxes or anything else that I should know about?

I've been looking at this reciever and hoped there might be a black friday sale, but this is way cheaper than I thought I might find it.
Would they (the seller) even be willing to ship it to the US at all? I'd think warranty would probably be void. It would be subject to Customs of course, 8518.40 is duty free but user fees would be applicable and possibly brokerage fee depending on carrier utilized....believe it would be country of origin Vietnam so don't believe the punitive tariffs would apply (if China instead). Probably better to look for a US sale :)

ps Further look at the tariff/rulings 8527.91.6080 but still has no basic duty (depending on the China thing, didn't look that part up as pretty sure it's of Vietnam make).

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Would they (the seller) even be willing to ship it to the US at all? I'd think warranty would probably be void. It would be subject to Customs of course, 8518.40 is duty free but user fees would be applicable and possibly brokerage fee depending on carrier utilized....believe it would be country of origin Vietnam so don't believe the punitive tariffs would apply (if China instead). Probably better to look for a US sale :)

ps Further look at the tariff/rulings 8527.91.6080 but still has no basic duty (depending on the China thing, didn't look that part up as pretty sure it's of Vietnam make).
I don’t know what you just said, but I like it.
U can take the man outa customs brokering, but you can’t take....
;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don’t know what you just said, but I like it.
U can take the man outa customs brokering, but you can’t take....
;)
LOL can't help myself after about 40 years of being a customs broker....altho am rusty :)

8518.50 and 8527.91 would be harmonized tariff classifications :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
LOL can't help myself after about 40 years of being a customs broker....altho am rusty :)

8518.50 and 8527.91 would be harmonized tariff classifications :)
Showoff... :p

I wouldn't be surprised to see some good prices here in the US too. Some good deals out there already.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I know... it was all the f'n smileys, wasn't it.

1574907230756.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis