S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I noticed Amazon is now marketing a streaming service which claims to deliver an HD product, meaning high definition I suppose. They also deliver an ultra high definition product. WOW, who wouldn't want to sign-up for that? Other streaming services make similar claims; and, apparently, folks are drawn like moths to a flame to get what they perceive is a better product than what iTunes, the market leader, delivers. At any rate, since buying an OPPO-205, which permits me to enjoy 24/192 downloads I've placed in iTunes, I've had the ability to contrast and compare these highest quality recordings to the same music delivered from Apple Music in AAC and I find that, for the most part, I can not distinguish the 24/192 material sounding better in any manner better can be discerned, from AAC. This revelation has caused me to re-think the need to spend for 24/192 over much cheaper AAC downloads, as well as be persuaded to drop my Apple Music subscription for a more expensive spread. The bottom-line for me is iTunes/Apple Music satisfies and perhaps that's in part to their mastering for iTunes process, which I thought some here might want to read: https://www.apple.com/itunes/docs/apple-digital-masters.pdf

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
I noticed Amazon is now marketing a streaming service which claims to deliver an HD product, meaning high definition I suppose. They also deliver an ultra high definition product. WOW, who wouldn't want to sign-up for that? Other streaming services make similar claims; and, apparently, folks are drawn like moths to a flame to get what they perceive is a better product than what iTunes, the market leader, delivers. At any rate, since buying an OPPO-205, which permits me to enjoy 24/192 downloads I've placed in iTunes, I've had the ability to contrast and compare these highest quality recordings to the same music delivered from Apple Music in AAC and I find that, for the most part, I can not distinguish the 24/192 material sounding better in any manner better can be discerned, from AAC. This revelation has caused me to re-think the need to spend for 24/192 over much cheaper AAC downloads, as well as be persuaded to drop my Apple Music subscription for a more expensive spread. The bottom-line for me is iTunes/Apple Music satisfies and perhaps that's in part to their mastering for iTunes process, which I thought some here might want to read: https://www.apple.com/itunes/docs/apple-digital-masters.pdf
There is a difference, but it is very slight and I only hear it with certain tracks.

My biggest beef with Apple Airplay is that it is basically Bluetooth so proximity to my wireless gateway affects things as does my phone battery or interruptions like calls.

When I stream with Tidal through my AVR, my phone is only a “Remote Control” and the music is unaffected if I move out of range or receive a phone call.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
There is a difference, but it is very slight and I only hear it with certain tracks.

My biggest beef with Apple Airplay is that it is basically Bluetooth so proximity to my wireless gateway affects things as does my phone battery or interruptions like calls.

When I stream with Tidal through my AVR, my phone is only a “Remote Control” and the music is unaffected if I move out of range or receive a phone call.
Ya I work from home a lot and my phone is in use most of the day. I do use my phone as a remote when I’m not working though.

I use my Firestick 4K for Amazon Music HD and Pandora Plus.

I also have an Apple TV 4K but Amazon Music is not supported in HD on that device (maybe someday).

S

sterling shoote

I use Airport Express to wirelessly connect my PC's iTunes Library to my Pre-Pro. It's a Wi-Fi connection from PC to Airport Express. Airport Express re-samples input to 16/44.1 which is output via optical S/PDIF to Pre-Pro. I also get iTunes to Pre-Pro via usb to OPPO-205 up sampling all to 24/192, which is output via RCA analog to Pre-Pro. Finally, I can deliver itunes to Pre-Pro via usb to Creative Sound Blaster X-FI HD outputting optical S/PDIF sampled up to 24/96 to Pre-Pro. For the most part, I use Airport Express for it's at hand convenience. Of course, Airport Express allows me transmit iTunes hosted on my iPad and iPhone to Pre-Pro, as well as use my iPhone as a remote for iTunes on PC. It's all great.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Now if slipperybusiness would chime in here I might get you three "S" guys sorted. Usually I know who's good for what but you three are like one guy to me.

Anyway,
their mastering for iTunes process, which I thought some here might want to read
I'm in a bit of a rush but I figure, 'good enough for you ... yada yada'.

I suck at the phone/music thing to the point that moving from an iphone 5 to an 8 confused me enough not to be able to stream to a couple of bluetooth headphones so that led to the cancellation of Spotify which in itself was a hassle because of me trying to sign in with the wrong email ... this paragraph could literally never end.

Here's what I would like to be able to do in an effort to distinguish myself from a monkey. I'd like to be able to download my CDs from a Windows 10 PC to itunes and listen to them via bluetooth on my phone. I suppose figuring out how to get into iTunes again would be a start.

But I don't want to pay iTunes anything. Ever. Is this actually possible?

S

sterling shoote

Now if slipperybusiness would chime in here I might get you three "S" guys sorted. Usually I know who's good for what but you three are like one guy to me.

Anyway,

I'm in a bit of a rush but I figure, 'good enough for you ... yada yada'.

I suck at the phone/music thing to the point that moving from an iphone 5 to an 8 confused me enough not to be able to stream to a couple of bluetooth headphones so that led to the cancellation of Spotify which in itself was a hassle because of me trying to sign in with the wrong email ... this paragraph could literally never end.

Here's what I would like to be able to do in an effort to distinguish myself from a monkey. I'd like to be able to download my CDs from a Windows 10 PC to itunes and listen to them via bluetooth on my phone. I suppose figuring out how to get into iTunes again would be a start.

But I don't want to pay iTunes anything. Ever. Is this actually possible?
Yes, iTunes is absolutely free. Just download it onto your PC. And if I'm reading you right, you can place a CD into your burner and copy it to iTunes, it only takes a few minutes per CD. It's pretty much an automatic operation. iTunes will populate on your iPhone, for the most part, automatically too. So, then without Bluetooth you can listen to tunes on phone, or via Bluetooth or wi-fi you can play from phone to a wi-fi or Bluetooth enabled device, like a portable speaker, AVR, Pre-Pro, whatever.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis